ID:1569704

I just discovered last night the open beta for Wildstar is going on now until the 18th, so I decided to log in and make a character.

I'll be playing as a Cassian Warrior named Shaniqua. Because why not.

They better have a twerk emote in this game or I'm uninstalling.

Ok I put about an hour into the game and here are my thoughts:

Community is hilarious. As soon I log in and look over to the chat box, there's like 4 different people going back and forth about whether or not God exists and a 5th guy stating how much he enjoys the jiggly boob animations.

It starts off very slow. Like, even slower than WoW. From what I experienced, there's next to no combat within the first hour, you're mostly just watching cutscenes, reading dialog, collecting books or talking to NPCs, with like, 2 instances of killing stuff in between all that.

Then I got to one area where I couldn't even figure out what to do next. I walked around for 15 minutes trying to figure out where my next mission was, but the arrow button that guides you disappeared for some reason. Eventually I just gave up.

GW2 didn't have this problem. You knew exactly where to go, and it had you fighting almost as soon as you started playing, and then a boss fight within 10 minutes. I may retry it later on but my first impression isn't really a great one. This game was seriously about to put me to sleep.
Problem with this game is it's another theme park MMO thats trying to cash in on WoWs success.

It probably wont fail as hard as The Elder Scrolls Online. But it's not going to be pay 2 play for more than a year.
In response to The Magic Man
The Magic Man wrote:
Problem with this game is it's another theme park MMO thats trying to cash in on WoWs success.

It probably wont fail as hard as The Elder Scrolls Online. But it's not going to be pay 2 play for more than a year.

They're trying to win people over with the "path" gimmick where you can play an MMO and not have to just kill stuff. For example I think you can be a builder or whatever. IDK, if people want to build stuff I think they'll just play Minecraft.