You could check out the DM Standard Library. It has the ceil() function. Alternatively, just define it yourself.

#define ceil(x) -round(-x)

// or

proc/ceil(x) return -round(-x)
Gliding works amazing but the performance changed when hosting. Any reason for that?
Gonna need more information.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/a3jl33wdhb335uw/Test.rar

To clarify, the atom (in this case the player) is ALYWAYS moving smoothly. However when you host the game, the camera viewing the player doesn't follow smoothly. After walking a distance the camera movement becomes shaky. This does not happen when the game is run from dream maker, the camera follows very smoothly.

I've seen complaints about this as well, was wondering if it was a BYOND issue or if I was doing something wrong.
It's a BYOND issue. Unfortunately it won't be fixable until BYOND 509. Lummox is going to be allowing float-based glide sizes, which should help mitigate the issue a little bit more. Because of the way BYOND works, DM just isn't going to do perfectly smooth gliding. A slight jitter is always going to exist because of latency.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
Unfortunately it won't be fixable until BYOND 509. Lummox is going to be allowing float-based glide sizes, which should help mitigate the issue a little bit more.

Excuse the slight necro: How would you change the original snippet to use float-based glide sizes now that 509 has been out for awhile?

Also, why does movement using this code feel more choppy and less responsive in the webclient than in Dream Seeker?
I've updated it a little bit. As for the jitter in the webclient, I'm not sure.
Question, the move_flags and move_dir variables in your example... They don't actually, do anything? Unless I'm being stupid and missing something, you just set them but literally never access them.

E: you also fukt up the indentation. Check yo self before you wreck yo self.
Credit to LoneHero for mentioning that a few defines weren't included in the snippet.
Page: 1 2