ID:1577425

Report: YouTube to acquire Twitch for $1 billion

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NO. THE MAIN REASON I LIKE TWITCH NOW IS BECAUSE GOOGLE DIDN'T HAVE THEIR HANDS IN IT. BUT WHAT IDIOT WOULD TURN DOWN 1 BILLION?

Well, my life is officially ruined.
(This comment was removed due to a copyright claim by Some MegaCorporation, Ltd. Sorry).
After last year's bullshit this is the last thing I need right now...
Remember the good old days when Google was actually good for the internet? Me neither.
In response to Balzack
Balzack wrote:
Remember the good old days when Google was actually good for the internet? Me neither.

Google Fiber
And it's funny because today is my birthday. It just HAD TO BE TODAY that Google wants to acquire Twitch. NO OTHER DAY OUT OF THE 364 DAYS IN THE FREAKING YEAR WOULD'VE SUFFICED EXCEPT FOR MAY 18TH. NOW I HAVE TO TAKE THE BLAME FOR THIS CRAP.

One of these days Google is going to push me too far. Just think... in order to access Twitch now we're going to have to log in with a stupid Google Plus account. Their laughable attempt at a Facebook alternative. I'm going to have nightmares tonight.
On the bright side, we may actually be able to have conversations with the streamers that aren't 45 seconds in the past.
In response to Vrocaan
Vrocaan wrote:
On the bright side, we may actually be able to have conversations with the streamers that aren't 45 seconds in the past.

There is no bright side. This is literally the beginning of the end. The apocalypse, if you will.
The bright side is that Google acquired it before Microsoft or Apple could get their grubby hands on it.
In response to Solomn Architect
Solomn Architect wrote:
The bright side is that Google acquired it before Microsoft or Apple could get their grubby hands on it.

Well Apple is satisfied with their Beats acquisition ATM, and Microsoft is more concerned with making sure Windows 9 has a visible shut down button.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Well Apple is satisfied with their Beats acquisition ATM, and Microsoft is more concerned with making sure Windows 9 has a visible shut down button.

Microsoft was actually making a few serious bids on Twitch, though. Apple wasn't, to my knowledge.
I guess Google responded to the 'Switch to Twitch' thing by buying twitch...
In response to Pokemonred200
Pokemonred200 wrote:

Like any good business would do. Make yourself the competition, then they have nowhere else to go but you! Kind of like a majority of these consumables companies, only the general public doesn't know they're owned by the same larger corporations.

In response to EnigmaticGallivanter
EnigmaticGallivanter wrote:
Pokemonred200 wrote:

Like any good business would do. Make yourself the competition, then they have nowhere else to go but you! Kind of like a majority of these consumables companies, only the general public doesn't know they're owned by the same larger corporations.

My entire life changed when I found out Mountain Dew and Pepsi were BFFs.
Its there way of being a monopoly.
A monopoly? So they're a board game lol?
Monopoly - the exclusive possession or control of the supply or trade in a commodity or service.
In response to D-Cire
D-Cire wrote:
Monopoly - the exclusive possession or control of the supply or trade in a commodity or service.

One of the few true beauties we have in this world.
EnigmaticGallivanter wrote:
D-Cire wrote:

One of the few true beauties we have in this world.

It is kind of beautiful, when you look at it.

Page: 1 2