ID:1577640

this is for people with a 3DS

not XL or 2DS

3DS Battery, Ok i looked all over, and my question is how am i so-pose to charge my 3DS.

am i so-pose to let it get to red and charge it or half way or when i'm not using it keep it charging and on sleep or what.

and what can i get to give it extra life like a battery pack

i don't use 3D mode so i keep it off, and i got power saving mode on and brightness on one.
This would be the same for the XL and 2DS.

The 3DS uses a lithium ion battery, so you don't need to prep the battery in any way. There is also built-in protection against overcharging.

I wouldn't worry about it. Keep it on the charger so you can turn up the settings and enjoy it. The 3DS doesn't have great battery life, and there's little you can do to help that while away from a charger besides power-saving mode and turning off 3D.
Letting any Li-On battery drop below 5%, and go above 95% is really, really bad. Luckily, most Li-On technology deals with that for you, and won't let the device go below/above those thresholds. All Lithium batteries have an onboard computer that keeps them from being drawn from when they reach critical, as the battery's ability to charge would be permanently destroyed if they hit 0%.

Lithium batteries convert electrical energy into kinetic energy by twisting and expanding the microscopic strands of lithium. When they are exposed to a current, that energy goes into the strands and increases their size. When they are tapped again to retrieve the charge, the lithium unkinks and releases it all as an electric charge + heat.

They also don't suffer the "memory effect" of chemical batteries, where you have to completely discharge them in order to charge them. The myth that letting them drain until they go into standby and then charging them back to full will improve battery life is patently false.

There's also the issue that lithium technology degrades as long as the device is holding a charge as well as while it's charging/discharging. In other words, whether you use the battery or not, it's going to fail. Lithium batteries are design to always hold a charge, so no amount of keeping it safe is going to keep it alive.

Unfortunately, the process of holding/gaining/losing charge cracks and weathers the lithium. At some point, there's going to be a single defect in the lithium storage unit that will become the point of failure through use.

People saying "Do X" or "Do Y" and it'll live longer, are generally just propagating what we call "Pigeon Superstition.". This kind of superstition gets passed around pretty often. See for example, the superstition that holding Up and A made you catch pokemon easier.
So basically i can keep it on the charger and it won't hurt it anymore then charging when it hits red
yes