ID:1578900

(See the best response by Higoten.)
My problem is, my local network or other computers in my house are not able to join my server. A splash screen appears with a "Connection Failed" after a few seconds.

-I am hosting through a Laptop.
-Anyone outside of my internet connection are able to join.
Hi Luchasi,

You may need to have other users on your local network connect to your server by using your local IP address, in the format 192.168.xxx.xxx:portnumber

To obtain your local IP address: Start > Run > cmd > ipconfig/all > The field marked "IPv4 Address" is your local IP address.

Good luck!
Thank you for responding. I'm not that great with computers or IP matters, but how would they join through that?
In response to Higoten
Hold on, I think I got. But the problem still persists. This time with an immediate connection failed message.

I'm using dream daemon for hosting.
"byond://127.0.0.1:2015"
In response to Higoten
My Apologies, I take everything back. Thanks it works beautifully!

Thank you.
Best response
My initial wording on that instruction was poorly chosen, here are some more verbose instructions.

First, you'll need to need to determine your local ip address. To do this: Open the start menu > Run... > Type cmd > Type ipconfig/all > Write down the address in the field marked "IPv4 Address". This will be the "IP address".

Second, locate the port number that you are hosting on. This can be found on Dream Daemon in the port field. This will be the "Port Number".

Third, on the computer that is attempting to connect to your server: Open the BYOND pager > Menu (Gear symbol in the upper right corner) > Open Location > Enter the IP address and the Port Number in this format "[IP address]:[Port Number] (Example: 192.168.200.254:1993) > OK.

This should direct players on your local network to your server.

Good luck!