ID:1584787

BYOND Version:506
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 35.0.1916.114
Applies to:BYOND Pager

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Whenever I try to launch Byond, it quickly opens the pager home in a new chrome window http://i.imgur.com/T1WXmox.png. Any attempts to interact with links on the page result in nothing happening, and opening the actual program does so exceptwith a blank space in place of the normal home page http://i.imgur.com/X7mb9yK.png. I've re-installed byond several times but I still receive this problem.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Launch Byond.
Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
Blank Byond Pager screen, pagerhome.html launched on seperate google chrome window.
Actual Results:
Results are as expected.
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time.
In other games? Unable to play games.
In other user accounts? Unable to switch to another account.
On other computers? Haven't been able to try.

When does the problem NOT occur? It always occurs, as of May 26th.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? None.

Workarounds:
Haven't found any as of yet. At one point I was able to join servers directly, although in-game windows were also re-directed to a new Chrome window, preventing me from playing.

A little extra tidbit of information, sometimes when I launch Byond, I can get a brief glimpse of a window asking where to open or save file pagerhome.html before it disappears and opens a new chrome window. I think it may be relevant, but I'm unable to stop it from automatically opening the file so that I can try other options.
Hi Terminator541,

Without the possibility of eliminating a bug, what version of Internet Explorer (IE) is currently installed on your computer? Check to make sure that IE is up to date as well.

BYOND uses IE for browser elements, and it is intended that the pager uses IE for displaying its elements, which makes it seem strange that Google Chrome is attempting to open it.

As a test, also try setting IE as the default browser to see if it changes or corrects the problem.