http://www.byond.com/forum/?forum=8

This is where I live. My zip code is 8.
Ok be sure to look at my topics please I may post some python questions time to time.
When I was reading the guide it got confusing <<

It was confusing for me to, but i went off and read all the TUT and also went through all the help guide in the Dev Help and it finally hit me.

ALSO on the note before i came to here i had experience in a program called

MIRC. and to me i don't know about others there isn't much of a difference when it comes to the coding CONCEPT.

Yes!!!! That is what I wanted but didnt know to put it in words another language to help me understand coding concept!!! Topic reoped! Any ideas?
Javascript
any of the C's like C++
Mirc
VisualBasic
HTML/CSS(Aka:WebDesign)

many languages out there and they all rope around to one another some how :P

Thank you very much!!
In response to DistantWorld101
To be clear, mIRC's scripting language isn't really comparable to JavaScript, C, C++, and so forth. Likewise, HTML and CSS are not programming languages, they're markup languages used to describe the structure and style of a web page. You then use JavaScript to add behavior to a page.
In response to LordAndrew
not one part in my comment says they are programming languages i just said languages

than can be used to help understand.

like i used mirc and when i came here to Byond they were almost near exactly the same Concept so it was like taking your training wheels off a bike and going two wheels.
Learning Visual Basic is a step in the wrong direction, all that abortion of a language does is ruin new programmers on real languages.
Learning Visual Basic is a step in the wrong direction, all that abortion of a language does is ruin new programmers on real languages.

Visual Basic is the smelly girl of programming languages. She eats paste, talks about unicorns every single day, and wears the same damn rainbow brite T-shirt covered in boogers and stains from last-week's meatloaf. Nobody likes her, but she's harmless and nobody wants to be the one to tell her to go away.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:

Visual Basic is the smelly girl of programming languages. She eats paste, talks about unicorns every single day, and wears the same damn rainbow brite T-shirt covered in boogers and stains from last-week's meatloaf. Nobody likes her, but she's harmless and nobody wants to be the one to tell her to go away.

This comment is pure gold.
code academy (python)
code school
code.org
programming for dummies (amazon)

lots of places where you can learn about programming, and apply that knowledge to other languages (more or less).

google is your friend!

@Ter13:

Python is one of the 30+ languages I know.

How long did it take you [to learn all of those languages]? Where would you recommend someone start if they are looking to do the same?
Where would you recommend someone start if they are looking to do the same?

The first language took me around 5 years to even really understand.

The second one took me around 2 years to learn.

The third one took me about 6 months.

Every language after that took me between 2 months and 2 weeks.

It's just a matter of learning the underlying theory. Learn CS theory first, THEN a programming language. If you understand how computers themselves operate, you'll be able to pick up the way you need to learn how to process and organize information in order to learn quickly.
Page: 1 2