ID:1588865

Keywords: downloads, hubs, issues
(See the best response by Higoten.)
So for the past couple of days I was trying to get a refresher on using Foomer's resources yet every time I try to download, nothing happens.

Equally, I can't PLAY NOW any games on the HUB, so it looks like the buttons themselves aren't working.

Yet if I try to access these via the BYOND.exe I can. Anyone have an idea what this might be? I don't think it's a download block because I've recently downloaded the new update for BYOND on this web, so it can't be a security block. Turned off all my Firewalls to test that too.
Best response
Hi Zack101,

It sounds like the BYOND protocol association wasn't established when BYOND was installed, which may have happened if BYOND was accessed from the .zip file and not the installation file, and may be resolved by reinstalling BYOND as an administrator (Right click the installation exe and select "Run as administrator").

Alternatively, the link generated by the website can be used directly by doing the following: Right click the "Play Now" button > Select "Copy link location" > Open the BYOND pager > Menu (Gear symbol) > Open Location... > Paste > OK. You should now be directed to the game you are trying to join. This will work with hub downloads in the same manner.

Good luck!