ID:1590132

Sounds like a drug, or drug induced, thing doesn't it? Well, it's not. If you don't know what Lucid Dreaming is, you should probably research it. It's a simple thing actually. Not hard to understand.

I'm just curious, how many here have experimented with lucid dreaming? How many people have actually performed at least one successful lucid dream?

----

My first one was interesting. It was when the world was coming to an end. I went in to a closet for shelter from falling debris. To my surprise, the close morphed in to some box with four doors. When the quakes started to settle down, in darkness, I opened the door to my immediate right. As I stepped out, I saw a new world. I looked at the sky in amazement. Everything was... different. Very different. I was initially positioned on the top of a really giant cliff rock. It was a very grassy area on this cliff rock, which surprises me as to how. There were a few trees on it. I thought it was a work of art, actually.

I ran to the tip of the cliff rock and held my arms out and shouted my excitement to this new world, as I have discovered something amazing, and, I was still alive! As I turned around, I saw the tree. I went up to the tree. I touched the tree. I realized I could not feel the tree. And as I focused on the tree up close, I could tell that there were pixels. "But, wait. Why are there pixels? Why am I here? What do I currently look like? Am I me?" And suddenly, my hand raised up like I had been trying to get myself to do in many dreams. It brushed against my cheek for a bit before pinching it, leaving an annoying pain afterwards. I suddenly realized, "I'm dreaming... So, this isn't real. This is really a letdown. I thought I could get in to something new and full of mysteries."

Regardless of the crushing of my dream, literally (not the one I am dreaming, but my expectation), I turned to my right and saw a big open field of sand. There was a castle there. I jumped off the cliff rock and was unharmed. No broken legs or whatever. There was a guard at the entrance of the castle. Suddenly, he attacked me. Having some fun with actual lethal combat, I began dodging in a funny fashion. This was my few minutes of enjoyment with a lucid dream before being woken up shortly after, by mom. :)...

Lol. Now, I try to gain another chance at lucid dreaming most nights, to have some more fun in my dreams.
ok
I've experienced this after I found out about it. I kept thinking about it and eventually dreamed one night thinking to myself "Hey, there's no way I could get laid, this is a dream." and just took advantage of the dream.
In response to Baird Techie
Baird Techie wrote:
I've experienced this after I found out about it. I kept thinking about it and eventually dreamed one night thinking to myself "Hey, there's no way I could get laid, this is a dream." and just took advantage of the dream.

Sounds like a "dream come true."
In response to Xirre
Xirre wrote:
Baird Techie wrote:

Sounds like a "dream come true."

Yeah, I figured it was an aging thing or after you found out about it. It's like your mind finally gets used to what is a dream and what isn't. However the downside to this is, if you know too much of it, and what you are dreaming about is when you and where you fell asleep at thus tricking you into thinking it's real causing you to talk in your sleep. I've experienced this and woke up in the environment my dream was in was frightening.
I had a lucid dream where I was some annoying troll on a website where people developed games.

Wait.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
I had a lucid dream where I was some annoying troll on a website where people developed games.

Wait.

Good thing you're not at all annoying. Nor are you a troll. :)

Wait.
Weirdly enough my first lucid dream ended in sex too. I think we are seeing a common theme here.
But no, I had my first lucid dream after watching Inception.

Now, Ellen Page was nowhere to be found in my dream unfortunately, so I didn't get to smash like some of you guys did, but I was able to fly over trees and mountains and stuff like in Dragon Ball Z. One time I also had a lucid dream, but I got too excited and woke up. One of the main rules of a lucid dream is to not get super excited once you're realizing you're having one because this can cause it to end immediately.

However, after that 2nd lucid dream when I woke up, I just stopped trying to have them. Now hopefully the next time I have one, Ellen Page will not be MIA so I can finally experience intercourse for the first time in my life. pls ellen
I want to perform inception in my dream. I want to see if limbo is real. ._.
If you could literally perform inception, imagine how much control you could have over the world. You could invade Gabe's dreams and manipulate his sub-conscious so that when he wakes up, his only purpose in life will to be to give us Half Life 3.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
If you could literally perform inception, imagine how much control you could have over the world. You could invade Gabe's dreams and manipulate his sub-conscious so that when he wakes up, his only purpose in life will to be to give us Half Life 3.

Would an Inception game-theory work? And would it be fun for a long-term online game?
In response to Xirre
Xirre wrote:
Would an Inception game-theory work? And would it be fun for a long-term online game?

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying making an Inception video game, or using inception to use our dreams as games?

The former seems like there'd be no way to make it interesting, but the latter would be the most entertaining game I could imagine, however it would take a lot of work. Here's possibly the closest thing we have right now using our minds to play games. However it looks kinda sketchy. They say all you have to do is "keep calm" to move the truck, which leads me to believe it's not just a matter of thinking about moving the truck, the headset just responds to how calm you are, or possibly heart rate. Which is boring. In video games, especially competitive action games, your heart rate is going to go up, so a system that requires you to be perfectly calm isn't going to do gamers any good.

Remember that product where you use your brain waves to levitate the ball? It was a few years ago. I always wanted one so I could become telepathic. Lol. Train my telepathic skills.

Things like this really interest me since I never know how much am I thinking more than others? What is my level of focus? It's like examining your brain from the outside. A very interesting thing. I'd definitely play Mind Games.
I've had it happen a few times, each time I was like "Wait a second... I can control this... I'm in a Lucid Dream!" *ALARM*

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
It's generally hard to continue dreaming once you become lucid, it's like you have to not focus too much on the fact that you are dreaming.

I have found that is true within dreams when I have tried to fly. Once I succeeded to fly off a beach and over the ocean, and I quickly decided that I was dreaming. But then I started trying to fly in a different way, consciously I guess, and I plummeted into the water. As I floated up through the surface, I felt like I was floating through my bed, completely awake!

Yeah, dreams are awesome
I heard that to stay in the dream longer.. when you start feeling like things are fading away, immediately look at the ground or try to focus on your finger. This should cause you to concentrate.

Also, as a precautionary measure, if you wake up and are paralyzed as a result of lucid dreaming, just move your fingers. From what I've read, your body shuts down all movements so you don't hurt yourself in your sleep. But, your fingers can still move. Moving them will make your body wake up.

So, just keep those two things in mind when trying to lucid dream. Because there's the danger of being paralyzed and the danger of not remember what really happened and what didn't happened. Next thing you know, you meet this girl in your dream and you think you two went on a date. You meet her IRL and you say, "Last night was awesome!" Yeah, your life is over. ;)
I tried to have one last night but epic failed. I tried the pinching self in face technique and repeating what you want to dream about til you fall asleep it didn't happen.... :(

Tonight I will try the other techniques of frequent reality checks, drawing an A on palm of hand or staring at both hands. Lol I hope to have one soon they sound interesting.
In response to Xirre
Xirre wrote:
You meet her IRL and you say, "Last night was awesome!" Yeah, your life is over. ;)

Not necessarily, her response might be "What did you do?", giving you the perfect opportunity to talk about what a cool, socially adept guy you are.

In response to Magicsofa
Magicsofa wrote:
Xirre wrote:
You meet her IRL and you say, "Last night was awesome!" Yeah, your life is over. ;)

Not necessarily, her response might be "What did you do?", giving you the perfect opportunity to talk about what a cool, socially adept guy you are.

Genius. I'll use that.. next time..