ID:1591393

Keywords: host
Hey I'm Vie, been around for a while in byond looking to become a staff member on any popular naruto game.
You're gonna go far in this industry kid, you seem like you got what it takes.
"I WANNA BE THE VERY BEST, LIKE NO ONE EVER WAS!"
DUN DUN DUN
BYONDers *cough*.
Lol. I'd laugh hard at the second post. But, the first one has my ribs subjected to a cramp already.

Vie, why do you care about a Naruto game in particular? What are your motives?
I thought he articulated that pretty well. He wanted to be staff on a popular Naruto game. So, sense of value/minor importance, popularity, enjoyment of Naruto and its associated story universe.
I'm seriously curious as to what his pure motives are and whether or not he knows the consequences of getting involved in such a field with a game theme like Naruto. Same thing goes with DBZ. They're both high targets for the nasties (attacks). People like to get angry over one game pulling in more players than their own. Violence seems to be their only answer, rather than trying to create a partnership first.

I'm not saying other types of games aren't subject to such a harsh burden. What I am saying is that certain games attract certain people in masses. Trolls, short-tempered people, spoiled people, exploiters, etc. The ones that are least liked and cause the most trouble for a game and its staff members.

So, Vie, knowing even some parts of the harshes in hosting, would you still deal with them? Or would you find some other means of obtaining your true purpose, which seems to be just getting adminstrative permissions?
"violence"

Now now, lets not be quite so melodramatic.

Basically, there's social ins and outs with anime fan-games that happens to a degree that's not so prevalent in other kinds of games on BYOND. That's part of what makes them fun to people.

This isn't a very complicated thing.
I think you mean VIElence. He came prepared.
Don't get me wrong. I like DBZ games, Stephen. To an extent though. I'll occasionally RP on Sundered Earth or Dragon Universe because I've been in to it since 2007. There's that, and they aren't ripped. There may be a few icons here and there that are ripped. But, the programming and what not was built up by the owner and some others. As such, they have the right to claim the work of that game. Art doesn't make a game. The programmer does. Art just makes the game a lot more appealing. If you rip art, you risk the chance of being trolled or whatever. So, a pixel artist's job is to polish a game. Am I right?

So, I have nothing against anime games. But, the issue here is that he's speaking of Naruto games in general. Those are typically created by some 13 year-old who wants to make their own game. But, instead of doing it by themselves from scratch, they use rips. As such, it is strictly frowned up, unless the owner gives strict permission for everyone to use it (or that specific person). In the end, the result is a bunch of people who probably won't side with you unless they favor that said game.
I don't really know why you're arguing this. OP didn't ask for advice on what to host, particularly. There's no real value to berating the guy like this, it doesn't do anything.

Not to mention I hope/expect OP's probably stopped following their own post.
In response to Stephen001
Stephen001 wrote:
I don't really know why you're arguing this. OP didn't ask for advice on what to host, particularly. There's no real value to berating the guy like this, it doesn't do anything.

A boy comes to BYOND with a dream. The dream of becoming the next big game developer. He joins up with others who share the same dream. But the lust for success brings about betrayal, and as a result, sources are stolen, people are banned from their own creations, and it is these sinister deeds that give rise to hatred. The betrayed are exiled, and in their isolation, they swear they will one day have their vengeance, and the hunted evolves into the hunter. Fire is fought with fire, and we arrive at our inevitable destination: a brutal war filled with deception and bloodshed. This is the endless cycle we sign up for when we make a BYOND account.

Join me, Stephen. You remind me of myself. We share the same eyes indeed. I can promise you a BYONDia where we are all friends. Where there is no need for you to moderate the forums. Where there is no Developous. Ok, I may have lied there - Developous is quite powerful and even under the influence of my ultimate genjutsu, he'd be too much for me to handle. But you get the point, Stephenmaru Sama. Come! FORGE THE WORLD THAT DESERVES TO EXIST!
In response to Stephen001
Stephen001 wrote:

I'm not arguing it. I just figured, if he posted something in the off-topic section, he wanted some replies. It's not like it's a blog. Boy, do I miss those blogs. Just stating my opinions on the matter. Hell, he may be uninformed about some things. I like to enlighten people however I can.
I am trying to be somewhat antagonistic.
I've noticed. I'd rather you weren't.
In response to Xirre
Xirre wrote:
Boy, do I miss those blogs.

That random plug
In response to Albro1
Albro1 wrote:
Xirre wrote:
Boy, do I miss those blogs.

That random plug

It happens.
Off Topic i guess(not surprising lol): did you guys really blank ET on that dedicated piece of work he put out? haha, that was coolly -as in cold but less harsh- done *chuckle*

Then again it's possibly something none of you might have even thought about that way, and this was some weeks back, but alas.... my amusement which gained from seeing this topic play out as such seems to have propelled me into making this comment anyway. :D

...now wondering if posts like this get deleted ... :/ hmmm hope not o.o why? eh.. the effort made to contri- yeah nvm i would understand haha >.<