ID:1591781

Not a bug
BYOND Version:506
Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
Web Browser:Firefox 27.0
Applies to:DM Language

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Instead one thousand words:

Step zero: Set any tag to an item
Step one: Try to click on
?src=\ref[src]
of that item interface.
Step two: Nothing happened.
\ref[src] is just a string. You'll have to use locate() to grab the actual object it refers to.
Gonna go ahead and label this one not a bug unless there is further information.

the \ref macro is a way to get the specific integer that identifies each individual instance.

?src=\ref[src]

is not a valid Topic.

byond://?src=\ref[src]&something=somethingelse

^That's a valid topic string. Furthermore, tags shouldn't influence topic strings at all, as tags and reference ids are entirely separate things.

We'd be happy to sort you out in Developer Help if you wanted to describe the source of your confusion.
tags and reference IDs aren't entirely separate.

If an object is given a tag, \ref will return the object's tag, rather than it's internal id.

though, it should still work despite tag being set.
Good catch. I'd forgotten about said feature.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the issue is that the Topic string is being mangled.
@EditorRUS probably post some code that demonstrates your issue, and the exact topic URL that is being clicked.
Ok, it works even more unpredictable than i thought.

Here's a screenshot:

I clicked one upper left wall.

In result one absolute other wall changed it's appearance.

In this case the bug i found was caused because it tried to access other alarm's Topic() while there was a check for distance <= 1, so, there wasn't any reaction for clicks. First my thought was it's because tag is inserted instead true ID in \ref[src].

In this case i suggest to change this unpredictable behaviour to call Topic for every item with same tag.
In this case i suggest to change this unpredictable behaviour to call Topic for every item with same tag.

Tags are intended to be unique. If an object has a tag, it's meant to be one-of-a-kind.

Unfortunately, that dictates that this bug report is in fact, not a bug, but rather, intended behavior.

Closing this guy out for real this time.
Ter13 resolved issue (Not a bug)