ID:1592971

Keywords: layout, overall, pager
Applies to:BYOND Pager

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.

Basically, I didn't pay much attention to how the pager actually worked overall and when trying to use the damn thing I found some disparities between what things actually did and what they were called, as well as placement of certain things.

Reason/Logic:

Tl;Dr: Bored. Also the changes get rid of all the extra windows that pop up and clears/cleans up a lot of functionality.

The bookmark handling seemed flakey as all hell, it uses a windows prompt with two drop downs and looked messy.

There are bookmarks and recent games on homepage, but it only shows one at a time, and the only way to see the rest is by a little arrow, which is one way.

The search button searched the entirety of BYOND even though it was placed on every tab including recent games (so "searching" with in the recent game tabs would not be actually searching recent games, filter would be doing that.) This seemed odd to me and the fact that recent games was also on homepage seemed redundant.

So the recent games should be separated from the rest of the categories (installed, favorite, etc) and given it's own tab. (Since "find games" get's the looking glass recent inherits the fighter jet.)

I also gave the rest of the categories the magnifying glass to represent "find games" as in "finding games on BYOND's catalogue".

Any questions?
P.S.: (To make this point more visible)

The recent tab should probably list recent connections (like the current window for bookmarking), and provide a link to the game's hub if there is one. Also that "add" should be white.

And the two inputs for adding bookmarks would have Name/Address until clicked (in which case it should go blank) - Unless you click "add" from the recent page then it should have the name/address of the respective world.
Thanks-- these are the kinds of reports I like. We are pretty busy trying to get the html5 client out but we will definitely look into these suggestions since they seem pretty straightforward.
Alright, awesome.