ID:1594123

(See the best response by Tom.)
On June 8th, 2014, around 1:00 AM EST, my BYOND.exe client ceased working. I didn't do anything before to warrant its stoppage and I'm not sure what could have caused it. The last thing I did was take a nap around 3:00 PM (June 7th) and hard shut-off my laptop. I use a Windows XP HP Compaq nc6320, and I frequently use either Firefox Aurora or just Firefox.

I took these steps to attempt in fixing the issue, but not necessarily in this order:
I tried installing and uninstalling, both with the uninstaller, Control Panel, and even CCleaner.
I tried virus scanning with Malewarebytes, and nothing.
I tried restoring my computer to a prior point, and nothing.
I tried cleaning my registry, and everything default-checked in CCleaner, and nothing.
I tried restarting my machine with the program uninstalled, and installed, -and- nothing.
I tried regressing to a prior version, and -still- nothing.

Here's the Error Message:
http://i.imgur.com/hjz6zoa.png

I don't know what else to do, and I apologize if I sound angry, but I'm very, very angry. Aside from that, if anyone responds, thanks in advance!
Best response
Have you tried removing the BYOND User Directory (that includes your cache and such)? It is probably located at MyDocs\BYOND. I suggest you just rename that to MyDocs\BYOND.old and see if that works (you'll have to redownload your key). If it does, we can try to isolate the problem by looking at the files there.
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
Have you tried removing the BYOND User Directory (that includes your cache and such)? It is probably located at MyDocs\BYOND. I suggest you just rename that to MyDocs\BYOND.old and see if that works (you'll have to redownload your key). If it does, we can try to isolate the problem by looking at the files there.

Thanks much, Tom! Your solution worked marvelously!
Ok. Most likely one of the files in the pager/ dir got corrupted when your computer crashed. If you could keep that around for a while we might want to look at it.
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
Ok. Most likely one of the files in the pager/ dir got corrupted when your computer crashed. If you could keep that around for a while we might want to look at it.

Yes, I can compress the entire folder into a .rar and upload it, if you'd like.
I suspect the file we want is byond\cfg\localhub.db. You could confirm that by copying your buggy copy over your clean copy to see if the clean one crashes again, but no big deal right now. Just hold onto that stuff for us.
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
I suspect the file we want is byond\cfg\localhub.db. You could confirm that by copying your buggy copy over your clean copy to see if the clean one crashes again, but no big deal right now. Just hold onto that stuff for us.

Alright, I'll keep the stuff in check.
ive got the exact same problem how do i fix this T-T
the message appears right after opening byond or dreamseeker
:(
http://prntscr.com/4bc4a1

I've been getting this for two days now, and it's incredibly frustrating. I've tried what you said to do in this, thinking it'd help but it didn't. Maybe in a small amount, but it -still- is doing this even after I have re-installed, un-installed, and repeat. I've cleared Cache and everything I could think could be causing the problem. .