ID:1594495

Router Setup: 2 Routers, R1(internet external) forwards to R2. R2 (Between Computers and R1) forwards to my hosting machine.

Problem: Connection Failed when trying to join from external locations.
byond://192.230.194.128:7777

Steps:

Static IP

Forwarded Ports

Added exceptions in windows firewall for byondseeker and dreamdaemon as well for the port 7777.
(Did so for inbound and outbound)

Hosted on Dream Daemon results:
Sun Jun 08 15:12:03 2014
World opened on network port 7777.
Welcome BYOND! (5.0 Version 504.1234)
BYOND hub reports port 7777 can be reached by players.
-------------------------------------

Tried to connect through byond HUB ( which it is showing up on) and I get the advertisement window. It is black and immediately gives a connection failed.
I assumed it was a firewall issue, but I turned off the firewall all together and still received the issue (after adding exceptions manually).

Firewalls are all off on routers. Ports are forwarded and I can see the process from the website "canyouseeme.org" on the 7777 port.

Hub reports hat it can be reached.

Tried connecting through openlocation directly, same issue.

Connecting locally works.

Idea's/something I may have missed?
Your routers probably have their own firewall/port blocking built in, you'll have to port forward with both routers in order to host.
Both routers are port forwarding.
As I mentioned: "Ports are forwarded and I can see the process from the website "canyouseeme.org" on the 7777 port."

I also mentioned: "Firewalls are all off on routers."

Linksys security setup "
Block WAN Requests
Block Anonymous Internet Requests
Filter Multicast
Filter Internet NAT Redirection
Filter IDENT(Port 113)
" ALL off.

Zhone router/modem setup:
Interface Description Type Vlan8021p VlanMuxId ConnId Igmp NAT Firewall
atm0 ipoe_0_0_35 IPoE N/A N/A N/A Disabled Enabled Disabled

Firewalls are off on both routers and my host machine at this point. Port can still be accessed when the daemon is hosting, not found when it's off. However connection failed issue still exists.

Other ideas?
Can confirm this happened to me too. The game I was hosting was set to auto-reboot every 6 hours, and now randomly today (Haven't touched the computer I'm hosting with), it has become impossible to connect to the game.
Here's a screenshot:
I can't even join via Dream Daemon, but I can join from the source code, so something must be wrong on Daemon's side.
Just to add further testing results, I directly ran the .dmb with my host computer and connected to the game just fine, and I tried hosting another game and it worked, but this game won't let me connect when I host it. I will look into the source code, but I haven't messed with any login procedures (And the game functioned fine on its own for days before randomly reaching the point where it wouldn't let anyone on).
Not so with my game. Ports are still forwarded. Tried on several other ports. I can telnet my machines internal IP directly. I can telnet the middle router's internal IP directly. I can telnet the middle routers external IP. However I cannot telnet the outer router on it's external IP. Makes me think I have some firewall issue, but I've gone through and reset it up 3 times now ensuring to forward ports and not enable any security/disable firewalls.
Outer router model: Zhone 1511-A1

In case you didn't know, daemon works as a telnet server so if you connect to it with telnet and then use the send announcement/message feature you can see it in your telnet.
My issue appears to be different than his. After attempting to host on my laptop and getting it to work, I did a restart on my host computer and the issue was fixed.

It is still odd and I do not know the reason it happened, but it is fixed.