ID:1596774

Hey guys been a while since I've posted I had a little problem with a functioning computer, I'm currently messing around and touching up my pixel art skills and I am in need of some good old C&C on these bases, they are Child, Teen and Adult bases which is why they are similar etc. etc. blah blah blah please give your honest opinions and I shall hope to see some good responses.

Screenshot

Your good old friend, Gold.
The heads are all the same size, which is odd for different aged people.

Also, the teen and adult versions seem like you put too much effort into defining the muscles on the arms. It looks like they are holding their arms away from their body for no real reason.
Well head would want to be same size unless you'd want to make different hairs/helmets for each which seems like doing to much.
In response to Ganite
It's only doing too much if you feel like it is.

If you want to have accuracy in representations of humans of different ages, then go for accuracy and be prepared for what you are getting yourself into.

I am no pixel artist, but I am an amateur artist. With that being said, I am in no position to critique his pixeling, I can really only critique his anatomical accuracy.
Albro, these bases are based off of the Dragonball Series, from what I know they more or less look like this like all the time xD the muscle definition is nessassery with DBZ based bases that's essentially why I done it like that
In response to Gold94
Yeah the definition isn't bad, but to me it looks like you concentrated on the muscle definition and didn't make sure to let the arms hang naturally.
Well the arms in DBZ mostly aren't like right on the body unless they have no muscle at all if you get what I mean, I mean most people that are like pure muscle always have their arms sticking outwards a tad and I attempted to replicate that in this base.

His arms are hanging naturally, but Dragonball characters have unnaturally small waists.
If you look at that then look at my adult base, the arms are actually positioned properly it is literally just the waist
Try drawing a line from shoulder to the fist, ignoring the arm itself.

Compare the angles of the picture and your adult base.
Looks good to me, just that the teen base arms are just too long for the body,about the head size they don't all need to be resized that's a bit ridiculous I would just make the kid base (1st) a bit smaller..since there isn't much growth transition from teen to adult...I would be careful of the shading tho there's a lot of banding in the stomach area and arms. Still room from improvement just be sure to scout out all flaws when you pixel.As for the arms..the can be a bitch to play with to get just right. There are methods like breaking the line and a-aing to sort out that problem.
Yeah I was kinda thinking that, the child base I was trying to match the styles a bit too much making the stomache area exactly the same each time not realising that because the child base is small it can't be exactly the same as the others, and the arms on the teen definately need tweaking. Also this isn't related to anything but MDC is on skype now so yeah if you wanted to talk to him then yeah xD
Screenshot

Fixed everything you stated o= If you can see anything else then please tell me so I can fix it
Screenshot Namekian Adult =)
NAMEKIANS DON'T WEAR UNDERWEAR, THEY ARE ASEXUAL SLUG PEOPLE WITH NO GENITALS lol
There are no references for Naked Namekians lol
Its assumed they don't have genitals since there are no females, so you don't need to add much to make them naked XD
Yeah but they have them random red patches, knowing me I'd add one on where the genitals may be xD
lol
Still think albro is correct about the arms. js.