ID:1597855

This is a base I've been working on.Its a work in progress. I would really like C/C of the head.

W I P Base
add a belly button or is it a clone? Clones don't have belly buttons.

-Lightened outline

-The head did look a little strange, I tried to make it more realistic. Blended in the ear and removed point

-Closed the legs a little

-More form fitting shadows & highlight (A rule I use in simple color sprites is minimum of three colors; not counting outline, unless you are going for a limited palette)

-I turned the head but this is completely up to you and hid the left arm more; you could even use a darker shadow so it doesn't look like weird fat

Suggestion:
Try some different poses and pick out 3 that you like most. Then show them to some friends and see which they prefer.
I did majority of the changes you advised.
W I P
In response to Southend_boi
Southend_boi wrote:

quit doing ppl like this Southend!
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
Southend_boi wrote:

quit doing ppl like this Southend!

In response to Southend_boi
Southend_boi wrote:

GG Screenshot

In response to Gold94
Gold94 wrote:
Southend_boi wrote:

GG Screenshot

Game over.

Damn, let him at least develop his own style, lol!
lool sorry I saw side scroller & people posting bases for it and I got exited rofl it's my fortay xD
Got bored, added overlays... On the plus side @ Marlon, this could help show you how to do overlays for your base in the future.

FINISH HIM!

Screenshot
For some reason that I can't figure out, maybe the less saturated colors - I still prefer Southend's base over the rest.
Senpaaiiii, notice me!
I took some of all you guys advice and edited him some more but I want to show the right arm more.

W I P
Gold has it down packed
It looks a lot better, but try remove the 3 pixels off the back of the head, imo it would look a lot better. Also the left arm looks like it's being held up rather than hanging like the right
Okay now I will give some actual C&C on this base instead of just showing people up xD.

Heres my edit;

Screenshot

I have fixed the head shape because your looked weird IMO idk if it was just me but I fixed that, the shading on the right arm annoyed me so I fixed it using the same light source as everything else, I fixed the right hand too because your one doesn't really look like a hand, redone the left arm because it looked un-natural to me, the legs were more or less perfect all you needed to do was bring the left leg up by 1 pixel. I changed a few bits in the color palette because as it stands the palette on this is weird, I tried to keep it as close to the colors you used as possible I even used your dark shade, Just look at the difference between mine and yours and learn from it.
Just to prove a point.