In response to EnigmaticGallivanter
EnigmaticGallivanter wrote:
There is a donation button on this hub, and in the comments the hub owner pretty much says that since other games are doing it, they're doing it to.

http://www.byond.com/games/Yusuke11/NarutoFatalDreams

That hub is egregious.

"homoncolus" in a narto game with an FMA picture
I noticed their donation button on the hub is gone now.
Exgenesis, an affiliate, makes a fair share out of that game's income. He does not report that income (I highly guarantee you this). Since he lives in England, you can narrow your search down and pin him down for tax evasion.

I previously believed Exgenesis was the same person as this Lizard person, but if they aren't, they are most definitely tax evading.
In response to Warfore
Warfore wrote:
Exgenesis, an affiliate, makes a fair share out of that game's income. He does not report that income (I highly guarantee you this). Since he lives in England, you can narrow your search down and pin him down for tax evasion.

I previously believed Exgenesis was the same person as this Lizard person, but if they aren't, they are most definitely tax evading.

Donations are not (usually) subject to taxation. It's just like if you handed your friend $20, you wouldn't expect the government to bang you for it. That being said, profiting from someone's intellectual property like that runs the risk of a lot more dangerous charges than just tax evasion.
You can make 300-700 a month on an anime rip. plus a minimum wage job your making pretty nice money for a 15-20 year old.
Shit I'm in the wrong bussiness...
In response to Crazah
Crazah wrote:
Donations are not (usually) subject to taxation.

Source?
In response to Murrawhip
Murrawhip wrote:
Crazah wrote:
Donations are not (usually) subject to taxation.

Source?

Where I'm from, Canada, we're able to claim bits of our income as donations and are not responsible for paying income tax on it. I don't know if it may be different in America, or the UK.

EDIT: A quick Google search revealed that a Canadian taxpayer can claim up to 75% of their income as a donation.
In response to Crazah
Packing my bags.
People making the donations aren't the ones who pay the taxes, donations are still income for the person getting them though, and at a certain amount you have to report them.

In the cases of charities and churches, they've usually gained special tax exemptions for being the type of organization they are. Individuals rarely qualify for any type of exception on income taxes in cases like these.
When you take into consideration the fact that said 'donations' are awarded perks within the game for their contributions, surely the term donation is thrown out of the window as it's more of a transaction.

You aren't donating anymore on a technicality when most people give money so that they can receive the perks of 'donating'. I'd be surprised if people haven't already caught on to the fact he's earning a steady rate each month outside of his taxable income.
Travylleb wrote:
with THAT BEING SAID!!! "Keyblade" is not copyrighted by squareenix, even tho "Kingdom Hearts" is, so technically I am not violating anything... Therefore.. Make it happen!

http://www.byond.com/games/Travylleb/KeybladeWarriors

Your hub is covered in "Kingdom Hearts".
In response to Super Saiyan X
Super Saiyan X wrote:
Travylleb wrote:
with THAT BEING SAID!!! "Keyblade" is not copyrighted by squareenix, even tho "Kingdom Hearts" is, so technically I am not violating anything... Therefore.. Make it happen!

Not to mention Keyblades are only found in Kingdom Hearts, and are recognized as a main component of it. It's still someone else's intellectual property.
In response to Super Saiyan X
Super Saiyan X wrote:
Travylleb wrote:

No it's not.
So my game can still be place on the site?
In response to Travylleb
Travylleb wrote:

Not sure what exactly you mean, but if you're talking about whether or not it'll be listed in its current state then the answer is no. For now, it'll remain Pending.
In response to Travylleb
Travylleb wrote:

Your hub has Disney/Squenix content all over it.
BYOND sure has changed.
Unfortunately, I will have to take a stand here. Posting peoples' personal information is not something we stand for. Please refrain from posting peoples' personal information.
Page: 1 2 3