ID:160200

Problem description:
I have a portal that I want to make teleport the usr to 2,2,1. I want the portal to auto teleport the usr when the usr steps on it.

Any help is great.
Use the forum search. This has been answered a lot of times.
In response to Kaioken
I already tried that. I only found ways of using verbs, but I want it to auto teleport, no verbs.
In response to MaxPK
In response to MaxPK
Well, you certainly didn't search hard enough. Both kinds are rather easy to find. Try different keywords, and don't use too many. Using 'teleporter', 'portal' and as such should yield results.
Basically, it involves looking up and overriding a turf's Entered() proc to move objects that have stepped into the turf to another location, which you could identify via coordinates, type path, or tag; all methods via the locate() proc.
Make sure you read about the above procs, Move(), and the loc var, in the DM Reference (F1 in Dream Maker, or via this site).
In response to Danny Kenobi
(Entered() should be used for this; using Enter() is a mistake, since it is not meant to perform actions after entering an atom, but rather, as the Reference says, to decide whether to allow movement or not)
dude u should really learn before learning!

anyways:

turf
portal
icon = 'turfs.dmi'
icon_state = "portal"
density = 0
Enter() // or entered() i use enter... habits.
src.loc = locate(2,2,1) //usr.loc = locate(x,y,z)
In response to Kaioken
umm. off topic
so you say if i want like... door to lets say 1,2,3 i use
Entered()
usr.loc = locate(1,2,3)

?????????
In response to Gogeta126
Same for you, no usr in proc.
In response to Andre-g1
Same to me. src in proc.
In response to Gogeta126
Gogeta126 wrote:
Same to me. src in proc.

src won't work in this case, as it's the turf. Enter() and Entered() pass an argument that contains the /atom/movable that is attempting to enter or has successfully entered the turf.
In response to DarkCampainger
usr works for me in this case. src i use in procs amirite?
In response to Gogeta126
Usr does not work for you in this case - it appears to work for you until, say, an AI mob tries to step into the portal.

You have more choices than src and usr - both are incorrect in this case. You want the argument passed to Entered, as DarkCampaigner has mentioned.