ID:1602423

(See the best response by LordAndrew.)
There is a person who, since he was banned from one of the games I help code for, has been a major nuesance. Saying he's going to take down the game, trying to spam our comment board with advertisements, ect. He even messages me on pager, insulting me and threatening my life.

I know I could just block him, that would be easy enough, but my problems comes with knowing that he does this to other people, as well. It's actually WHY he was codebanned. So I'm wondering what the proper corse of action is? He keeps me pager banned, so I can't respond to his insults, but he still messages me with demeaning things. I can provide a screenshot, if they're needed.

Honestly, all I'm wondering is, what should I do about this?
Best response
I'd definitely recommend blocking him via pager, though it sounds like that won't really help if he's invading other areas of your life to attack you. You may want to send in a ticket via the support form detailing in depth what he's doing.
In response to LordAndrew
LordAndrew wrote:
I'd definitely recommend blocking him via pager, though it sounds like that won't really help if he's invading other areas of your life to attack you. You may want to send in a ticket via the support form detailing in depth what he's doing.

The thing is, he's actually using multiple keys and messaging players, getting on shoutboxes and putting insulting/demeaning comments, and threatening suicide any time someone tells him he's wrong.

Here's his latest threat that sparked me posting this.
Yeah I'd ping a message to http://www.byond.com/support/ with whatever you have on the issue, and pager ban him in the meantime. He sounds like he's 14 and he's madly upset that his mother bought him the wrong kind of cereal.
In response to Stephen001
Stephen001 wrote:
Yeah I'd ping a message to http://www.byond.com/support/ with whatever you have on the issue, and pager ban him in the meantime. He sounds like he's 14 and he's madly upset that his mother bought him the wrong kind of cereal.

The worst part is, I do still want to help him. He's 19, and has severe mental disorders. I've tired to get him help fr years, but he's consistantly decided that I'm his enemy. I don't want to just cut him out of my life because I do care about him, he was once a really good friend and I just want to help him get better. You know?
Don't bother, not your problem at the end of the day. It's a call that we make fairly regularly as BYOND moderators.

People are ultimately responsible for their own behaviour, and the only realistic outcomes of the support request you have/will raise is a site-wide and page-wide ban for that individual, if the behaviour is severe enough.

In the mean time, you are responsible for the action you take to guard yourself against what you've raised here. It's very shaky ground to call BYOND into a matter like this and ask us to do something about it, when you yourself won't take suitable steps to protect yourself when advised in the meantime.

It's fairly apparent that the status quo is not working for either party, and BYOND staff and moderators are just that, staff and moderators. We don't do psychiatric counselling and it would be a grave dis-service if we thought we could.

It's a shame, no doubt, but it is what it is.
Well, I sent the message to Support, and blocked him.

Thanks for the help, if it continues to be an issue, I'll try to keep Byond updated.
In response to Lloyd Ishtar
Lloyd Ishtar wrote:
Well, I sent the message to Support, and blocked him.

Thanks for the help, if it continues to be an issue, I'll try to keep Byond updated.

what if you are Gyro Gun a persona that you invented to get more attention to yourself because somehow you need it? Twists O.O