ID:1602668

Keywords: byond, issue, pager
Not a bug
BYOND Version:506
Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Web Browser:Chrome 35.0.1916.153
Applies to:BYOND Pager

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

I have updated my BYOND to the latest version (version 506) and once the BYOND was launch, the pager would be different than it once was before. I've tried re-installing the same version before and always get the same results.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Launch BYOND

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results: BYOND Pager images and appearances would fit.

Actual Results: BYOND Pager and appearances would look like this.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time.
In other games? N/A.
In other user accounts? Yes.
On other computers? N/A.

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

- I have tried the recent and other version and they have been having the problem, I'm not sure why it is like this.

Workarounds:

I'm not sure I follow your summary. Are you saying the pager worked fine before, but now it's showing weird results and reinstalling doesn't help?

One thing I noticed is the lack of transparency in the graphics. That's a known problem in IE6, which the pager is not compatible with. If your system is using an old version of IE, I strongly urge you to update it to IE8. Obviously Chrome can still be your main browser, but the pager is using IE internally to render its content.
I'll inform you once I re-install IE8. And it was working finely when I had IE8 in the past.
Yes, I must of un-installed the IE8. It's working finely now.
Nadrew resolved issue (Not a bug)