ID:1609802

BYOND Version:506
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 35.0.1916.153
Applies to:BYOND Pager

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Upon launching Byond, the black box with the byond logo and the words "Loading game information" is displayed, the game never actually loads however and no progress bar ever appears. Have reinstalled several times to no avail as well as renaming my Byond folder in documents - also with no result. Byond is set to allowed by my firewall.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Launch game

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
Byond launches correctly

Actual Results:
Byond hangs on the "Loading game information" screen
Does the problem occur:
Upon every launch
On other computers?
Unable to test this

When does the problem NOT occur?
Never

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? At some point it worked but then I was forced to update and it stopped, it was definitely upon updating that it broke but i'm not sure exactly which update (I gave up on trying to launch Byond for a few months when the problem first started)

Workarounds:
None

Hi, Fapples. We've seen this issue on and off for some people, and it's been a difficult one to diagnose. Most of the cases that I've managed to resolve turned out to be ones where BYOND was installed so that its user dir was on a network share or mapped network drive letter. Is that possibly the case here? Our code tries to avoid this, but if the system hides tries to make the network share "transparent", it appears that sometimes this still causes issues with SQLite.

If you don't know where BYOND's user dir is, open up the registry editor (type "regedit" in the Start menu), and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Dantom/BYOND. There should be a value there that says "userpath", which points to where BYOND keeps its files.

I'm also wondering what security/antivirus software you're using, if it could possibly be interfering at all. It may or may not be related but I'd like to cover the bases.