ID:161074

My friend has made a stargate system....for you who dont know what a stargate is its a portal that apears and if you walk into it, it transports you.

All my friend needs to know is how to make a Bump Proc so players can walk into this Stargate
It's just mob/Bump().

mob/Bump(atom/Obstacle)
..()
src << "[Obstacle]: Ouch!"

if(istype(/obj/stargate))
src << "[Obstacle]: I'm a stargate ([Obstacle.type]). If you wanted to\
send mobs somewhere when they hit a stargate, now would be the time.
In response to YMIHere
Or you could search for the Bumped() proc in the forum search for a much more (in my opinion) robust way of handling bumps.
In response to Lyndonarmitage1
That depends. Besides, I'm in favor of the "regular" way being taught first, so people get a better idea about how everything works. With how some people choke topics with Bumped() lately I'd wonder if some people didn't get the idea that there was no other way to do it, perhaps that Bumped() is a necessary proc or a built-in one, and as such.

EDIT: Not to mention all of the people getting confused and trying to use Bump() like Bumped() and wondering why it isn't being called, since their /obj/tree doesn't move often. Of course this case is also made worse by the guess-what-procs/operators/vars-do and use-them-without-looking-them-up-and-learning-about-them-fir st syndromes.