Poll: How would the beyond community react to runescape on bbeyond *hint hint*

Seems like a good idea.. 0% (0)
I'd try it! 16% (5)
love the idea!! 10% (3)
I won't try it. 13% (4)
I don't care. 26% (8)
STUPID D I DB KS KAJ FNS 33% (10)

Login to vote.

Please, and also, leave comments suggesting how you would feel if a runescape based game would be brought to byond.
This is just a temporary account made just to post this please don't leave any mesages/pm's.
Stupid auto chicken
Auto Corbet.... Correct
There have been a few attempts to bring Runescape to BYOND, most recently as far as I'm aware would be: http://www.byond.com/games/Anthonyfile2/ByondScape

But it all depends on how you approach it, it could be hit or miss. You could potentially gain an audience outside of BYOND because it has such a following.
I personally don't see the appeal of grind heavy rpgs like Runescape and WoW. And when you fail to put a story behind it, it looks like an even bigger waste of time. Mass Effect games were great, no grinding, simple progression, great story. A lot of pixel-y games like Casual Quest and They Bleed Pixels are also nice. I personally like a Civ game every now and again, and visual novels are also fun on occasion. Anything you can't grind, really; so limited resources? Generally, when you take out levels and balance everything around moves it's more fun.
The general approach is definitely important, and this is why I think these kind of polls are also important giving me a chance to hear-see what some of the community thinks before jumping into a byond project.
To me, this is just as bad as another DBZ game. If you are taking content from Runescape, you suck and I don't have any interest in your game. I really don't see why runescape would be the game for you to rip off though, it doesn't have anything strikingly unique about it. At least when I played it back in the good old days (when it just started and there were like 5 servers) it was just a run-of-the-mill MMO, the main draws being that it was free and could be played in a browser.

Besides, Runescape had 3D graphics since the beginning:

Crappy 3D graphics, I grant you, but are you gonna match that on BYOND? The answer is NO

BYOND stands for Build Your Own Net Dream. What you are proposing would fit more with a game maker called RSEND. Rebuild Someone Else's Net Dream
I actually haven't played it or looked at it for a year or two, but your opinion could also be what others are thinking.. I wanted to make a runescape project because I felt it could have drawn a lot of attention..
.. But I see why sticking with original content is a better approach in the end
thanks for the opinion.
If done correctly I'm sure I'd give it a try C:
Runscape looks terrible...
In response to Southend_boi
That's subjective, I'm sure a BYOND made game similar to Runescape could get quite a few players on BYOND if done correctly :P
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
That's subjective, I'm sure a BYOND made game similar to Runescape could get quite a few players on BYOND if done correctly :P

SS13 is a popular game on BYOND... Just gonna let that sink in.
In response to Lugia319
Lugia319 wrote:
SS13 is a popular game on BYOND... Just gonna let that sink in.

It's an amazing game IMO, everyone has their own tastes.

I'm a supporter of Runescape, fantastic game. Heaps of fun. Would I play BYOND version? Hell yes.

The thing about gamers is that they can be divided into 2 groups. Those that like Runescape, and those that hate Runescape as much as 9/11.

Neither side will ever understand the other. That's why these polls are ridiculous.
As the supreme authority on BYOND when it comes to which games suck and which games don't, I feel it is my duty to weigh in on this matter.

Runescape sucks. Anyone who disagrees has an incorrect opinion.
In response to EmpirezTeam
In response to Zecronious
Zecronious wrote:

Pretty bad compared to what it used to be. Runescape was a good game, has had some decent updates but Jagex has made some bad choices ever since December 2007.

@Sword Artist if you are intending to attempt to make a Runescape clone with BYOND, I would advise against it. That said, it wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea to implement some elements into a game that are present on Runescape. The combat system being an example.
In response to Digits
Runescape also used to be one of the very few games of it's kind. Times change, sure. The game changed, sure. But in reply to "it sucks"... A lot of people would disagree and for this game to be going strong over 10 years later "timeless" would be a better word for it.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
As the supreme authority on BYOND when it comes to which games suck and which games don't, I feel it is my duty to weigh in on this matter.

Runescape sucks. Anyone who disagrees has an incorrect opinion.

+1

Zecronious wrote:
Runescape also used to be one of the very few games of it's kind. Times change, sure. The game changed, sure. But in reply to "it sucks"... A lot of people would disagree and for this game to be going strong over 10 years later "timeless" would be a better word for it.

Exactly. Everyone has their own opinion on the matter, I support the idea of creating a project similar to Runescape.
In response to Magicsofa
Magicsofa wrote:
Besides, Runescape had 3D graphics since the beginning.
[IMAGE]

DeviousMUD was 2D/Isometric.

Zecronious wrote:

Page: 1 2