It honestly isn't hard to imitate a 3d runescape game's art in a 2d game especially with isometrics and if you could make a great version of runescape in all areas like programming and art (not like the first posters link) this game would earn a lot of support
@ OP: If you want to make a game based on Runescape, do it. Take others' opinions with a grain of salt, as you'll always have your supporters, naysayers, and everything in between. You won't know if your game idea is a good idea until you execute it. Remember, you can always find at least one person that will support a movement.

As long as you take your time and produce a polished game, I don't see why people (familiar with Runescape or not) wouldn't give your game a try.
In response to FKI
FKI wrote:
@ OP: If you want to make a game based on Runescape, do it.
As long as you take your time and produce a polished game, I don't see why people (familiar with Runescape or not) wouldn't give your game a try.

This guy knows his shit.
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
FKI wrote:

This guy knows his shit.

His opinion differs from mine. Therefore he knows nothing.
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
FKI wrote:

This guy knows his shit.

I prefer mine remain anonymous.
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
Kozuma3 wrote:
FKI wrote:

This guy knows his shit.

I prefer mine remain anonymous.

ET is Jiraiya (or the Froad Sage if you prefer), obviously anyone who disagrees with ET is wrong or needs to do more... "research".
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Zecronious wrote:

You don't like that song?
Page: 1 2