ID:161429

Does one exist?
If it does, it's 65535. That probably is, as it's the limit of both list sizes and /image objects.
In response to Popisfizzy
Popisfizzy wrote:
If it does, it's 65535. That probably is, as it's the limit of both list sizes and /image objects.

Well then since I already know it's not 65535, then it most probably is some other more massive number. So I guess it's ok to be wasteful with overlays?
In response to Obs
That'd odd, seeing as how something I was doing before was inhibited by me running into too many overlays.
Well then there is another possible explanation. What I did was apply an overlay to each turf, and if turfs are equal in every way including their overlays, then it is likely there is only 1 copy of the overlay just as how there is only 1 copy of the turf, even though the turf is spread over multiple locations.

But if thats not true for overlays, then you can in fact make more than 65535.
In response to Obs
Obs wrote:
just as how there is only 1 copy of the turf, even though the turf is spread over multiple locations.

what do you mean when a turf is spread over multiple locations theres only 1 turf? if you have a grass tile and u fill a 10x10 area of it you get 100 difrent turfs
In response to Falacy
Internally they're not considered different unless their variables (aside from location-related variables) are different.
Popisfizzy wrote:
Internally they're not considered different unless their variables (aside from location-related variables) are different.

then how come you can reference them all individualy o.O
In response to Falacy
Likely the internally system of handing it. Turfs are very odd.
interesting, i know when you add an object to client.screen whose screen_loc is set to something like "1,1 to 10,10" itll cover multiple locations but only read as 1 object
In response to Falacy
Falacy wrote:
interesting, i know when you add an object to client.screen whose screen_loc is set to something like "1,1 to 10,10" itll cover multiple locations but only read as 1 object

You are limited to 65535 unique turfs.

If 100 identical grass tiles in a 10x10 square were all different how would you ever expect people to be able to build huge 500x500 sized maps?