ID:1615423

Not a bug
BYOND Version:506
Operating System:Linux
Web Browser:Chrome 35.0.1916.153
Applies to:Dream Daemon

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Whenever Apache2 is restarted via:

/etc/init.d/apache2 restart

Upon execution, all instances of DreamDaemon terminate.

Not sure if its a problem on my end, or a bug, but it does occur on a fresh install.

Running Debian 7.5.
How are you launching DD? what user is it running as?
Stephen001 changed status to 'Unverified'
This does very much sound like an issue regarding either the user the dream daemon instance is being run under, possible use and mis-use of DMCGI? Or other environmental issues. Either way, I suspect the issue would be with the init.d script in question, if there is a bug.

I've yet to run into such issues on CentOS 6.4, where my DreamDaemon instances are running as their own separate users.
DreamDaemon is launched from a web-based interface.
I assume by A.T.H.K's comment, it's probably running as www-data, which would explain it.

Sounds like expected behaviour then, in-so-far as I imagine the init script for Apache kills off any www-data owned processes during a restart.

So presumably then the bug is in the web-based interface used, as it should be executing DreamDaemon with suid to run under a different user.
Considering the user ID of the process and the way it was spawned provide a sufficient explanation for this, I'm closing this as a non-bug.
Lummox JR resolved issue (Not a bug)