ID:1616417

Not Feasible
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Implementing this feature is not possible now or in the foreseeable future
Now here's a big boost for all you people who request the BYOND for android. It's an OS kernel based on... LINUX! Though, better idea for mobile site, failing that is to port it to java, which is compile-able by android anyway, and Java is also multiplatform, and is usable by ALL DEVICES.
uh
no
LordAndrew resolved issue (Not Feasible)
Unfortunately this isn't possible for a myriad of reasons. Dream Seeker isn't even supported on Linux to begin with, and porting BYOND to Java would be a monumentally huge project that'd probably require a complete rewrite.
Apparently an HTML client will soon be in beta state, so potentially you may be able to use that on a phone as well.
(Not that it would be a good user experience in the slightest, you wouldn't be able to move without some kind of bluetooth keyboard.)
With the HTML5 client, it would be rather easy for someone to develop a direction pad control like the old DS had, and also to overlay the map with something translucent--which DS can't do at all. So mobile gaming wouldn't be out of the question.

Mind you this is predicated on the game being hosted; the device can't do standalone play.

As for Android, my understanding is that all Android apps are strictly Java, even if the platform itself is Linux-based. (I haven't had time to really get into Android development, but it looks fascinating.) That would make BYOND, which is written in C++, impossible to run on such a platform. Besides, it would also need to be compiled for the architecture of the device in question. So you could play games there with the HTML5 client, but you couldn't host them that way or run single-player.
C++ is supported through the NDK, at least to some extent. I'm not sure that helps much, though. Even if you could get Dreamseeker running on Android as it is, a lot of changes would need to be made to make it actually usable on a mobile device.

I would think the easiest way to get BYOND games running natively on Android would be to write a thin client using the same network interface as the HTML5 client to connect with the server.
DS on Android is out of the question; it's DD that's portable. For playing on Android the only option would be the thin client.