ID:1616848

(See the best response by LordAndrew.)
I want to create my game with these popping up: http://puu.sh/9PE7y.png

When you click an on-screen button one of those pops up. How do I make them up pop? On screen objects? I also want to make it so that when you click on that title you can edit it without using DM's input if that is possible. I also want it when you click on genres a list of genres will appear dropped down instead of choosing from DM's list. How do I learn to do these things?
Best response
You're asking about a very broad range of topics here, all of which have their own unique problems to solve. If you want to get away from using the default inputs you'll either have to cook up a solution with screen objects, or make something using interface elements.

Personally I prefer screen objects, and I believe that Forum_account's HUD Groups library has most of the functionality you're looking for, so you might look into that to use or for guidance.
So I am trying to use forum_account's HUD library to solve all these problems but it doesn't seem to work and is outdated. It was last updated in 2012. Look at this:

action_menu = new(src)
I don't think anyone can use this anymore

It also asks to use numpad but I'm using a laptop and it doesn't have a numpad or a center button:

client
Center()
// if the menu is open, select the action
if(mob.action_menu.open)
mob.action_menu.select()

// if the menu is closed, open it
else
mob.action_menu.open()

Northwest()
// if the menu is open, close it
if(mob.action_menu.open)
mob.action_menu.close()

North()
// if the menu is open, it handles the action
if(mob.action_menu.open)
mob.action_menu.up()

// otherwise we run the default action
else
..()

South()
// if the menu is open, it handles the action
if(mob.action_menu.open)
mob.action_menu.down()

// otherwise we run the default action
else
..()

// we override East() and West() to make them do
// nothing while the menu is open.
East()
if(!mob.action_menu.open)
..()

West()
if(!mob.action_menu.open)
..()
In response to TheDarkChakra
TheDarkChakra wrote:
it doesn't seem to work
How so?

and is outdated.
How so?

It was last updated in 2012.
This is irrelevant.

Look at this:
action_menu = new(src)

I don't think anyone can use this anymore
There's nothing wrong with that.

It also asks to use numpad but I'm using a laptop and it doesn't have a numpad or a center button:
You can easily set a new macro as a center button by adding this line to Login():
winset(src, "enter_key", "parent=macro; name=return; command=.center")
In response to Kaiochao
I used this and set cener as f and it didn't work:

winset(src, "f", "parent=macro; name=return; command=.center")
In response to TheDarkChakra
You need to change the name parameter, not just the ID (the ID should be unique but it doesn't have to match anything in particular). Using winset() for macros is explained in the Skin Reference.