ID:1618356

With what libaries and demos do I start a shooter game with?
Try the search function? What features do you want in your shooter game?
I want features like team deathmatch. Mouse for shooting. Kill streaks stuff like that. Also a vehicle.
I don't believe there are any libraries or demos for any of that.

This sounds like it'd be an FPS which BYOND doesn't really support except maybe a rail shooter.
Well, there are libraries and demos for top-down mouse shooting. Maybe he wants to make a game like Counter Strike 2D. I see no indication that he wants a first-person shooter (which has also been done).
In response to Kaiochao
Remember this demo you made? You could make some kind of 2D third-person shooter with a system like that. It's heavy on the CPU, so it might only work for single player games. Since that was made before the new animation features came out, it could probably be improved and made more efficient at this point.
A first person shooter would be flatland, since we only have 2D. I think the mechanics of an FPS are best suited to 3D. Click to shoot target? That's a shooting gallery aspect.
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
Well, there are libraries and demos for top-down mouse shooting. Maybe he wants to make a game like Counter Strike 2D. I see no indication that he wants a first-person shooter (which has also been done).

Can you please post them?
A first person shooter would be flatland, since we only have 2D. I think the mechanics of an FPS are best suited to 3D. Click to shoot target? That's a shooting gallery aspect.

You forgot about the era of the Raycasted FPS: http://www.byond.com/games/Ter13/DawnCasterInfestation
In response to Ter13
Yeah that game doesn't help anyone unless you make it open source. The only other ray caster game on BYOND is awful because they didn't really know what they were doing.