ID:1620161

(See the best response by FKI.)
Well, basically I am trying to animate an attack such as a punch and or kick, any help or a code i could give given? also, please dont say you recommend the guide or demos because ive tried that thousands of times. thanks.
Best response
Well there's flick for starters. Ter also put me on to animate which I have found to be beautiful as of late.
So... How can execute this?
In response to RicoTheCreator
There are use-cases for both procs if you check out the links.
Sorry, could you please explain that in a simpler manner, I'm a noobie :/
A simple example:

mob
verb/flick_icon_state(var/state as text)
//This verb causes src to "flick," playing the state once (assuming it's valid).

//So let's say you have a state labeled "punch." You could use this verb
//and enter "punch" causing src to play through its state labeled "punch" once.

flick(state, src)

I don't think I can go into any more depth than I already have at this point. It's a pretty straightforward process.
It worked, so thanks, but would I have to always type it in game for it to work? Or is there a way where It can be like a button or a key that I can press that triggers it?
No, you wouldn't. That was just an example -- one that would never be used in a real game -- demonstrating what it does.

Yeah, of course it can be key-binded; it can be used many ways. How it's implemented is for you to decide.
Not to annoy you but, how would I key bind it?
The quickest way would be to go into your environment's interface and create a macro that uses your verb as its command. (If you don't have an interface, go to File -> New and click the drop-down menu, selecting interface (.dmf).)
but now whenever i press "A" which is the key I chose to be flick, something comes up saying "Unrecognized or inaccessible verb: flick"
Make sure you are replacing underscores with dashes. (You also want to avoid using the same names as core procs, i.e. flick.)

//in the interface:

some_verb_name()

//would be...

some-verb-name
Following FKI's example, your macro/verb/command for "A" should be

flick-icon-state "attack"

this will call the verb/command
flick_icon_state()

but will pass the "attack" argument in that verb/command, like so:

flick_icon_state("attack")
alright thanks, that helps alot!