ID:1621079

(See the best response by Super Saiyan X.)
So I was following "maze" tutorial in Dream Maker overview. At one point, after adding icons and trying to compile it, I got error:
maze.dm:9:error: "wall.dmi": bad file, even though wall.dmi exists and seems to be valid, non-corrupted file (opens correctly in editor).

So I went to project's folder to see if file is there for sure and it was. But another problem has risen there: BYOND saved project to desktop! WTF?
Best response
BYOND saves projects wherever you tell it to, when you create an environment.
But why default is desktop? Also any idea what causes bad file thing? I still haven't figured it out. File certainly exist, opens well...
It defaults to the desktop, because that's where you last created an environment, I think. I'm not entirely sure, but i'll stop defaulting there once you create an environment elsewhere.

No idea about the bad file thing. Does it only happen with the wall file?

Do you have any instances of DreamSeeker running that might using resources from that environment?
[quote]It defaults to the desktop, because that's where you last created an environment, I think. I'm not entirely sure, but i'll stop defaulting there once you create an environment elsewhere.[/quote]

But that was first env I made. And it happens with both wall and soil (other turf).