ID:1621414

(See the best response by DarkCampainger.)
I'm getting "bad file" error when compiling or trying to update object tree regarding icons in my game.

It is really strange because:
a) File exists
b) It doesn't seem to be corrupted (editor open it just fine).

Is there something I miss? I was following hello world/maze tutorial...

Tried both regular and "updated toolset" version. Same result.

Here's project file as I assume no member of these forums have access to crystal ball: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/210143/Dragonia.rar
Best response
Hi Darkhog,

The problem is that you are referencing the file with double quotes. You should use double quotes for text strings, but for direct file references you want to use single quotes:
turf
ground
icon = "test.dmi"

Should be:
turf
ground
icon = 'test.dmi'

It thinks you're trying to set the icon to the literal text "test.dmi" instead of the file 'test.dmi', so it throws that error.
Thanks. Though I think either should be valid - I don't think anyone would want to set icon to text file and that language "feature" would be just confusing for new users.
In response to Darkhog
The thing is that the double quotes tells DM to check the local folder for the file whereas the single quotes tells DM to find the file and store it in the RSC.

The primary is useful if you have a file that can be changed at any time and not necessarily be the same if it would be stored in the RSC.

Ex: An XML file containing the server information, such as name and a list of moderators, which the host can edit manually or through DM commands.