ID:1622683

I am working with some player sprites that are bigger then the actually world icon_size var.

Is there anyway to set the radius of the sprites, so that they aren't bumping into invisible walls?

Like, if I had a world icon_size of 16 and I had a player sprite that is 32, is it possible to still have them have like a bump radius of 16 or something?

You can fiddle with the 'bounds' variable.
You'll need to set bound_width and bound_height:
mob
big_guy
icon = 'large icon.dmi'
bound_width = 32
bound_height = 32

// or a shortcut
bounds = "32,32"

If you're not using pixel movement, you must keep these as multiples of world.icon_size.
I don't know if I am doing it wrong, but it's not working in the way I would have hoped it would. I tried using it as a general mob var and I also tried applying the bound vars to the player logging in. He's still basically hitting invisible walls because his icon is size is 32X32 and the turfs size is 16X16. I was hoping that I could somehow slim down the player's icon radius so even though his icon used is 32X32, it'd only bump into stuff at the 16X16 size. I did not see any change at all using the bounds var though.

Edit: Never mind, after messing around with the numbers for awhile I found out something acceptable. The way it works is a little wonky.