ID:1626902

Keywords: project, security
I have good news and bad news. Good news: My project is almost finished. Bad news: My files have been breached. I want to add finishing touches, but I'm afraid someone might steal it. What should I do to improve security? Should I move my project to a jump drive? Or should I change my internet access?

I'm at a loss.

I've worked hard on my project. I don't want my hard work to go to waste.
How did someone even get a-hold of your files? Someone you know irl tryna rip your game? Lmao
Not in irl. I never gave the source code. However, a lot of people have seen it. It's kind of weird. (telepathy?) I don't know how and I don't want to know. I just want tips. How do I beef up file security?
In response to GoldenArk
GoldenArk wrote:
Not in irl. I never gave the source code. However, a lot of people have seen it. It's kind of weird. (telepathy?) I don't know how and I don't want to know. I just want tips. How do I beef up file security?

Seems like you have a teamviewer or join me problem. Simply move your files to another place. You can literally, make a secret passage way of folders to your games source*I don't do that*. If you went more in depth of HOW these "people" or "person" is getting a look at your files I'd be able to help more.
In response to GoldenArk
Unless you distributed the source code, then there's absolutely no way they could possibly have seen it. Whoever is telling you these things are probably full of crap.
@ Baird Techie. I don't know how.

@ LordAndrew. Ok, I'll take your word for it. However, I do have one question. Can someone view my files if I have an unsecured internet access?
In response to GoldenArk
GoldenArk wrote:
@ Baird Techie. I don't know how.

@ LordAndrew. Ok, I'll take your word for it. However, I do have one question. Can someone view my files if I have an unsecured internet access?

No. Unless they sent you something allowing them to.
Thanks Baird Techie. That takes a huge weight off my shoulders.