ID:1627595

(See the best response by DarkCampainger.)
I'm currently using a custom font in my game.

I did something like this:
var/list/Extra_Resources = list("FontName.otf")//I stated the fontname inside, ofc.

The Output displays the text well, but for some reason when other players play the game they can't see the maptext with the correct font (the text font is either default or invisible).

It works perfectly fine for me, so I wonder what could fix this :S
Best response
You have to reference the font file with single-quotes to have it included in the RSC; otherwise, your players aren't getting the font when they join your game and can't use it.
In response to DarkCampainger
DarkCampainger wrote:
You have to reference the font file with single-quotes to have it included in the RSC; otherwise, your players aren't getting the font when they join your game and can't use it.

Woops my bad :S I typed it incorrectly in the post.
Ok so I have this:

var/list/font_resources = list('MorrisRomanBlack.otf')

It's currently being displayed well on input, but for some reason the players are still getting the text with default font (some times it's even invisible). I always get the correct font though.

maptext = {"<span style='font-size:14pt;font-family:MorrisRomanAlternate-Black'>"} //this is an example of how I use the font

Bump :S
Maybe BYOND only supports TTF fonts, that's the only format I can find referenced anywhere (skin reference, in this case), and the only format I've ever tried.

Try using a TTF version of your font. You can use FontSquirrel,com to convert it if one isn't available (you should check the font's license to make sure that's okay)
In response to DarkCampainger
DarkCampainger wrote:
Maybe BYOND only supports TTF fonts, that's the only format I can find referenced anywhere (skin reference, in this case), and the only format I've ever tried.

Try using a TTF version of your font. You can use FontSquirrel,com to convert it if one isn't available (you should check the font's license to make sure that's okay)

This is exactly why. I use custom fonts for everything but they have to be TTF.
You're right @DarkCampainger, .otf only works with the Input.
I used a site to convert the font to .ttf and after that my players could see the correct font, thank you a lot :)