In response to FishMan123
FishMan123 wrote:
No it doesn't.. Your indentation is all messed up...

well sort of no one is truly helping me or letting me understand what i need to do
That's because we want you to understand without giving you your modified code to prevent you from copy/pasting as you did here.

We are trying to help you out but most of us will not simply hand you the modified code off the bat unless it cannot be explained simply; how else will you learn?

Honestly, indentations involving if() statements should have been one of the simplest thing to take away from available resources meant for beginners.

And if you do not know what FishMan123 was referring to, it's about this code block:
        switch(usr.race)
if("Demon")
usr.icon = 'Horned Demon.dmi'
usr.icon_state = ""
if("Human")
usr.icon = 'Base Char.dmi'
usr.icon_state = ""
usr.class=input("Which class would you like to be?","class")in list("Swordmen","Boxer")
which obviously shows signs of indentation issues while the next portion looks okay

dm didnt show any errors for it and when i changed it didnt work
Best response
Now, there are better ways to do this, but just to help you out, here's how it's done.(A few comments left in the code)

Do not copy paste. Listen to what people tell you to help you learn from your mistakes to better yourself in cases like these or else it will all be a waste.

mob
Login()
usr.name=input("Choose a nickname","Name") as text
world << "[usr] has logged in!"
usr.race=input("Which race would you like to be?","Race")in list("Human","Demon")

//The correct way to tab the switch and if() statements
switch(usr.race)

if("Human")
usr.Human = 1
usr.icon = 'Base Char.dmi'
usr.icon_state = ""

if("Demon")
usr.Demon = 1
usr.icon = 'Horned Demon.dmi'
usr.icon_state = ""

usr.class=input("Which class would you like to be","Class")in list("Swordmen","Boxer")
switch(usr.class)

if("Swordmen")
usr.Swordmen = 1
usr.icon = 'Swordmen.dmi'
usr.icon_state = ""

if("Boxer")
usr.Boxer = 1
usr.icon = 'Boxer.dmi'
usr.icon_state = ""

usr.hair=input("Which hair would you like?","Hair")in list("Afro","None")
switch(usr.hair)

if("Afro")
overlays += 'hair.dmi'
icon_state = pick("Afro")
usr.loc=locate(1,1,1)

if("None")
usr.loc=locate(1,1,1)

//Defining your variables.
//I'm 100% the code you said that worked, didnt, since after compiling you would've got undefined variable errors.
mob/var
Boxer = 0
Human = 0
race
Demon = 0
class
hair
Swordmen = 0

//To actually test to see it work, I created a .dmm file and iconned the grass to actually show yourself being located at
//1,1,1, as your code says, usr.loc=locate(1,1,1)
//Of course you would need to make the 'grass' icon file for this to compile.

turf
grass
icon = 'grass.dmi'

world
turf = /turf/grass

Of course the other icon files I'm sure you know you have to make yourself. I did random lines for mine and also you should be creating the map, which I hope you know.

Do not copy paste. Listen to what people tell you to help you learn from your mistakes to better yourself in cases like these or else it will all be a waste.
ty now i understand what i did wrong
Page: 1 2