ID:1629711

How exactly does the HUB Fanning system work? How are HUD entries sorted when sorted by popularity? Does only members effect listings? Do these fans lose relevance over time, so obtaining new fans regularly will place you higher up?

I am very curious as I often watch to see where HUB entries stand when sorted by popularity.
For the longest time I thought it was sorted by how many fans it gets a day and how active it stays,but then I noticed that some games stay up top even if the fans don't change all that much. I also noticed it cant be sorted by number of fans because I have seen games with more fans then others and be lower on the list. So that is a very good question Lavi :). I am also interested in this if anyone has an answer.
It is based on all fans, but weighted towards recent ones.
On the topic of fans, I've always had problems with it's presentation. Right now it's more like a giant cluttery mess of names, making it really difficult to pick out specific usernames from the pile. It would be really helpful if it displayed it in a sortable table, that way we could pick and choose weights.
In response to Crazah
Crazah wrote:
On the topic of fans, I've always had problems with it's presentation. Right now it's more like a giant cluttery mess of names, making it really difficult to pick out specific usernames from the pile. It would be really helpful if it displayed it in a sortable table, that way we could pick and choose weights.

++
@Tom, Why not have the fan page have a ?format=text option so we can just pull the data ourselves?

This isn't really that place for suggestions though. Someone should go open a suggestion and offer some possible solutions you'd like to see. I'm lazy, but I'm going to guess that the ?format=text option for displaying fans would be an easier implementation and will allow development in places that need it more.

Edit: Thanks for the info in regards to my question, Tom.
Lavitiz, this should help you out, assuming BYOND's website updates haven't broken it completely.
Hub is not an acronym. HUD is, but they are two very different things.
In response to Fugsnarf
Fugsnarf wrote:
Hub is not an acronym. HUD is, but they are two very different things.

I am aware. I apologize for writing Hub as if it were an acronym.
No need to apologize. I just wanted to make sure you knew.