Sword Art Online

by Kboy33
Sword Art Online
Sword Art Online! Play to the death!
ID:1635802

Having gained ideas for the Battling system, I decided to write it up in code, and now it's complete!

Furthermore, I've added in a basic quest system (although still incomplete) which required pretty much no lines to program. It's much better than the old system I used waaay back when I was working on the original SAOMMO source. Click the blue people to talk to them.

Anyway, as I have no access to my desktop, I had to create a new source to do this all in, along with place holder player icons. There's no point in me making you guys suffer by not letting you play, so I decided to upload the files to sendspace for you all to try.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/lbqetp

(If there's a compressed folder in there, don't bother opening the compressed folder.)
Looks pretty clean. Nice work!
Though, when you move things over and what not, can you separate the battle text from the general info box? Byond does really like tab instances for a chat box, but, faded text in the background, hovering would do nicely. Hits are fine as they were, as visual cues, and can be confirmed with the targeting system/health bar.
The only issue with the quest system is how the quest is shown in general info, with just a confirmation pop-up. I didn't mind having the information show up in a dialog box like before. You can keep the information trim, and have a more detailed description of quest objectives and targets in a quest pane/window (accessed like inventory/menu).

Touching on that, though, if you're going to keep those bits, the menu screens should have a hotkey/macro set. Clicking and waiting for things to "slide" up was a hassle. Pretty, but a waste of resources. But, keep as much UI clutter out as possible. I like full-screen layouts. Better for getting into the game.
But, everything looks nice. Great job!
Despite the systems being complete, they will be built upon. The UI in that source is the basic BYOND UI, and it's not the UI I'll be using for SAOMMO (go to the screenshots tab and look at the picture with a guy in it). Quest data will be able to be accessed from anywhere, and there will be no battle text.
Perfect! Issues resolved.
Can't wait for a proper alpha to start back up. :3 it's gonna be great.
Will the floors be following the show as much as possible, or will you take it as a spin-off, and just pull some badassery from your ass?
In response to RhythmicNinja
I'll pull it right outta' the can, as well as getting some pointers from the show.
:D Nice.
How's the party system going these days? Have you decided on how to do the "classes" yet?