ID:1636001

(See the best response by Multiverse7.)
How would you go about making a higher resolution game? I'm talking so high you can't see those pixels.

My guess would be to either blend very well or get larger images and increase the view size to shrink the images. What's the best way of going about it?
Best response
Increasing the view size to get a higher resolution is probably a bad idea. Your CPU isn't going to like it. Instead, you could just change world.icon_size to a higher value. Increasing the value of world.icon_size, increases the resolution of the individual turfs on the map, no matter what the view is.

A good choice of icon_size for a higher resolution game might be 80. Since the default view is 5 or 11x11, the total resolution of the map would be 880x880. If you want something wider, then you might set the view to 15x10, which would be a resolution of 1200x800.

At such resolutions, it may be best to leave the turf icons null, and just use smaller objs with bounds, otherwise you would be wasting a huge amount of space. You will most likely be using pixel movement anyway, so the primitive built-in grid will mean nothing.

While you certainly won't be seeing any pixels on that scale, I don't think I have ever seen a BYOND game with such high resolutions, so I really wonder how well it would perform. It would be nice to see some games with 2D vector style or pre-rendered art, instead of just the usual pixels.