In response to Evre
Evre wrote:
Are you overriding your Logout() proc without returning to the parent (using ..()?)

I don't know i put in the code the way you had it then the way kakashi had it and it does the same thing. here is the updated coded i put in.

world
New()
.=..()
spawn() BootCheck()

proc
BootCheck()
for(var/mob/M in world) if(M.client && M.client.inactivity>=300) {world<<"AI:([M]) has been kicked for being idle";M.Logout()}
sleep(300)
BootCheck()
In response to Jason515
You have it so it notifies the world that someone logged out, though, right? And you did that in the Logout() proc? If so, can you post that code?
In response to Evre
Evre wrote:
You have it so it notifies the world that someone logged out, though, right? And you did that in the Logout() proc? If so, can you post that code?

sure and yes i have it to where it notifies when the player was booted/loged out but its not booting the player just giving the messages here are both codes

mob
Logout()
world<<"World: [src]([src.key]) has logged off..."

world
New()
.=..()
spawn() BootCheck()

proc
BootCheck()
for(var/mob/M in world) if(M.client && M.client.inactivity>=300) {world<<"Naruto AI:([M]) has been kicked for being idle";M.Logout()}
sleep(300)
BootCheck()
In response to Jason515
mob
Logout()
world<<"World: [src]([src.key]) has logged off..."
..()

Try that. You're overwriting the mob's Logout() proc so the only thing it does is send that message to the world. The ..() makes the proc run the previous code, then call back to the parent (in this case the BYOND defined Logout() code that actually logs the player out.)
In response to Evre
Evre wrote:
> 
> mob
> Logout()
> world<<"World: [src]([src.key]) has logged off..."
> ..()
>

Try that. You're overwriting the mob's Logout() proc so the only thing it does is send that message to the world. The ..() makes the proc run the previous code, then call back to the parent (in this case the BYOND defined Logout() code that actually logs the player out.)

alright i'll try that. when i get it to work i'm goign to be reading the tuts more carefully so i don't have so many problems.

Edit* it says its not a prototype
Edit* whoops nvm too many .'s brb
In response to Jason515
Jason515 wrote:
Evre wrote:
> > 
> > mob
> > Logout()
> > world<<"World: [src]([src.key]) has logged off..."
> > ..()
> >

alright i'll try that. when i get it to work i'm goign to be reading the tuts more carefully so i don't have so many problems.

Edit* it says its not a prototype
Edit* whoops nvm too many .'s brb

No its still not working its still just giving the messages.
In response to Jason515
That's really strange. Is there any other code that could be interfering with it?
In response to Evre
I don't think so there was no Logout() but i added it maybe is the placement. Should i add the bootcheck right under the Logout() because i added the boot check at the very end of the code while i added the logout() under the login.
Page: 1 2