Yut Put wrote:
use akto's

maybe he is trying to better himself and create his own?
But def use Akto's as a reference and maybe use his colors.
what about hebrons :/
In response to Hebrons
i liked hebron's lol, yea josh said he wants to learn himself
In response to Jittai
Jittai wrote:
There is something wonky about the front too, I'm not sure what the front of the roof is doing. Also, shouldn't the door be flush with the wall?

I was asking if anyone had any suggestions for what to do with the front of the roof, im not so sure myself, and thanks for the CC guys. Also do you guys think a 2nd floor on it could work?
You would have to keep the same style through to the second floor which could be a little tricky.

Here is a reference:
http://japantraveladvice.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/ Heian-shrine-main-gate-otenmon.jpg
(This is obviously a gate but its the same style)

As for the answer to everyone's comments on the wood platform, you need to give it more depth. Currently it looks like it is part of the wall. Shadows and highlights change the depth of a piece, I would suggest adding a shadow to the farther parts of the platform.

Hebrons does this really well in his example and I do the opposite in my example. (Shadow in front light in back)

EDIT: I suggest you read this little tutorial run through. It is my favorite guide. For contrast just Ctrl+F and search "contrast", third one in with the pug example.
http://www.pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11299
Hebrons' pillow-shaded.. I thought we were over this aspect of BYOND art, great.

#shotsfired
In response to UPD4T3
Guys.. guys, heh. Just so you know, you have both picked up on ("referenced" right? ;D) the wrong image :P, the one below is in fact the correct one.

Hebrons wrote:
took a crack at it myself too. heres the final product.. feel free to use it just learn from it though :)

So uh.. yeah, while possible that this one itself also has a few points or issues here and there that one could find fault with/critique (might not be the right one for this, but i find it stylish in a nice way? *shrug*), it'd probably be best not to mix up the two or approach them in the same light, considering the original poster (josh guy) actually is making honest attempts to improve, and looking for help from others :D.

Eh... will probbaly come edit this later, i gotta run now though, peace you guys :O
wot

we used the one that the original posted had requested be critiqued... not the one Hebrons made.
Page: 1 2 3