A thousand dollars is a drop in the bucket for actual professional game development.

The vast majority of small indie games are created on a profit sharing / portfolio building basis where people essentially work for free or almost free in hopes of the game actually making money or to use the game as a stepping stone to a career.
The fact that you're set on being the game's "owner" makes me doubt your intentions..
In response to Laser50
Laser50 wrote:
The fact that you're set on being the game's "owner" makes me doubt your intentions..

Basically it seems that he wants people to create a game without any contribution from him. Then he can slap his name on it and say he made a game.

What's worse than that is that he refuses to take anyone's advice on the forums. Apparently no one knows what they're talking about, because all he wants is to be "owner" and make money. I have no idea how he's going to make that work out, since everyone else has to work their asses off to get anywhere, and they usually don't expect to make much (if any) money from it.
It's not rocket science guys. He's simply trying to gt people to make a game for him. Paying for something usually means you own it. It's a bit dumb considering he isn't trying to be the director for it but also wants to pay for a designer too.
In response to Baird Techie
Baird Techie wrote:
It's not rocket science guys. He's simply trying to gt people to make a game for him. Paying for something usually means you own it. It's a bit dumb considering he isn't trying to be the director for it but also wants to pay for a designer too.

In response to TheDarkChakra
TheDarkChakra wrote:
Or maybe I shouldn't create any BYOND video games at all.

You post something like this nearly every week, what else do we need to tell you?

You don't understand how it works, you should read up on it.
You can't program but continue to use it as an excuse to try and make games.
You don't have a budget big enough.

We can't give you all the answers man.
-Guy pays for "da codez"
-Guy who got paid decides he wants to keep "da codez" as well.
-A dozen new HUB pages go up.
-PROFIT

I was just thinking to myself that BYOND doesn't have nearly enough rips right now. So this way everyone wins!

DarkChakra will get to sit by himself on his game with his sweet GM commands, waiting for players to come...even though they won't since the rips will be run by people who know how to program and will likely have superior content.
In response to TheDarkChakra
TheDarkChakra wrote:
a manager to take care of the team.

You should atleast do that much lol...
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
TheDarkChakra wrote:

When i see stuff like this i don't get why you would just want to be a manager of the team. Or the "funder","money giver" at that point. I think if you want people to join you in developing a game you have to start it yourself and people who are interested in it would soon appear to aid you or somewhat. Y'shouldn't think of byond as some major profit benefit for your mega mmo's or w/e. Try something indie y'know. Cause like Balzack says if you game gets no where the things you got for it end up being sold anyways, it just wastes so much things.
PS: Another thing, i wouldn't try to create a dev team within Byond but get people from outside of it to help if you're willing to pay, since this is by far the better route if your offering $$$
In response to VixiV
VixiV wrote:
Ganite wrote:
TheDarkChakra wrote:

When i see stuff like this i don't get why you would just want to be a manager of the team. Or the "funder","money giver" at that point. I think if you want people to join you in developing a game you have to start it yourself and people who are interested in it would soon appear to aid you or somewhat. Y'shouldn't think of byond as some major profit benefit for your mega mmo's or w/e. Try something indie y'know. Cause like Balzack says if you game gets no where the things you got for it end up being sold anyways, it just wastes so much things.
PS: Another thing, i wouldn't try to create a dev team within Byond but get people from outside of it to help if you're willing to pay, since this is by far the better route if your offering $$$

Its real life, this really happens people get people to create their dream game and all they do is fund them and manage the game. They also already have the games idea ready so the workers already know what to program. And you're right about getting people outside of BYOND if you'fe going to pay.
Like they said $1000 is not big enough budget. Just go help some kickstarter games out.

You could use that money to pay some one to help you level up your own coding abilities. That way you could become an asset here on byond if you just bent on being a byond developer/user.
You should make a kickstarter, with a video describing your dream game.
Invest your $1,000 and get someone to teach you to code and pixel art? lol.
In response to JabsPerson
JabsPerson wrote:
Like they said $1000 is not big enough budget.

I would think that $1000 is a workable budget, as long as you are expecting to get $1000 worth of work out of it and then do the rest yourself/have other slavevolunteer work.
In response to Magicsofa
Consider this.

Where I live, minimum wage is $10.08. If I was to stoop to working minimum wage, that would mean I'd work for 99 hours and 12 minutes. At an average of 40 hours a week, that's 2 and a half weeks of work.

Realistically however, a decent artist will expect a lot more than minimum wage. Considering a professional artist can easily earn 6 to 10x minimum wage, I'd say 2-4x for an amateur is reasonable.
So you'd hire someone for 25 to 50 hours or so for $1000. Which is at most a week and 1 and a bit days.
Yeah... you would probably be better off using the money to pay for servers instead.
I say spend less time spamming Yut Put's hub pages, and more time learning DM. Then make your own game. A novel concept, I know!
Hey! I am back. I read all the replies. Thanks. But I don't think any helped. I hired a game designer based on the king of game I told him and some vague information as well as a person who will write me a story and quests. I will program the game and hire someone for icons. I think I can afford that.
Next week's post.. My designer won't do what I want him too because I have no idea why I hired him.

Also my codez wontz workz bro.
In response to A.T.H.K
Keep antagonizing me and see how well your BYONDPanel business goes...
Page: 1 2 3