ID:1645561

What is the extent of a BYOND ban? Does it only ban from pager/web or does it prevent a user from ever logging in to a game? I always wondered.
I believe they are banned from joining what you host regardless of what game it is.

This is why allowing keys when hosting via Linux .. would be very beneficial for all.

Is it just me .. or you can't see your banned list on the website anymore ... I know it explained how bans worked..
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
I believe they are banned from joining what you host regards of what game it is.

This is why allowing keys when hosting via Linux .. would be very beneficial for all.

Is it just me .. or you can't see your banned list on the website anymore ... I know it explained how bans worked..

Oh, no. I mean the actual banning lol. Like you start doing dumb stuff on BYOND or create crap like HH again. I was curious how banning works.
It basically prevents you from successfully authenticating with the hub, which doesn't prevent you from using BYOND. You can still join games that have set their 'authenticate' variable to false which doesn't require a key to be validated before being allowed on the server, you can still use your key on those games unless you lose access to the offline copy, then you'll be unable to gain access to the key again. You'll still have access to the guest key, for those authentication-disabled games.

You lose access to key access on the website as well, and of course access to all hub-based features the pager uses (messaging, notifications, etc...).
As for what can cause a ban of that magnitude, it varies on a case by case basis, there's no real set list of things that can do it. Only Tom and Lummox really dish out that kind of stuff these days, and it's just a best judgement thing.

The big no-nos are mass spamming the website and other things that harm the overall experience of a large portion of other users, things that cost BYOND money like credit card chargebacks, things like that.
good luck banning me, im behind 7 proxies
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
good luck banning me, im behind 7 proxies

Isn't there always the CID?