ID:1645567

Problem description:

Seeing as this is the Developer Help section, I figured I'd post in to see if anyone could help me out with a little something. Two little somethings, actually.

I wish to have a system for targeting, where if you click another mob, it sets that mob as your current target. If the target leaves the users view, they're no longer targetted. I also ask for an example of a technique that homes in on someone based on target.

The other thing is Melee. Melee will be set to two keys for quick use. A and S, one for each hand. When the user has no target, they'll punch in the direction that they are facing regardless of if there is a person there or not. If the user does have a target, the punch will automatically have them face their target, so if they're within one tile of their target, the punch will home in on them.

I'm a novice coder, and I simply have no idea how to even go about doing this. Could somebody please help me out? Code examples, pointing me in the right direction, anything is really appreciated.

Relevant Information:

Right Punch(A) Icon State: Attack1
Left Punch(S) Icon State: Attack2
Damaged Stat when Punched: Stamina(If the hit has 0 stamina, it begins to affect Health)

1.what you would want to use is the click proc
2.check proc that turns a var true if target is still in view
3. if statment for the var
4. idk how to do that you would want to look into that on libs
5. interface check it out
6. another if statement if a mob is in 1 tile away and is in usr dir
7.flick
8.else statement
9.flick
all of this should tie into what you want to do what id like you to do is study and look at demos and tutorials for attack proc and make your own system
page me and ill do my best to help you assuming it will take some time for someone to actually help you since me myself is a victim because ive ben left 30-a hour until i have been receiven help
I've been looking over other codes and demos and I still have absolutely no idea where to even begin.