ID:1646158

Not a bug
BYOND Version:506
Operating System:Windows 8 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 36.0.1985.125
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:del is executable first .-.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
mob/jogador/Login()
..()
src.Savable=0

if(findtext(src.key,"Guest"))
src << output("<font color=white>O uso de contas Guest esta bloqueado, favor criar uma conta em www.byond.com","output1")
del(src)
return

Expected Results:
the mensage don't aparears. who the del is executable first? is it a bug?

Problem:
Don't show O uso de contas Guest esta bloqueado, favor criar uma conta em www.byond.com
Nadrew resolved issue (Not a bug)
Not a bug, the client is probably being deleted before it has a chance to get the message, network delay can cause this to happen live more often than locally. If you add a delay of any amount before deleting the player the message should always appear unless the server is under such heavy load that the message doesn't get to the client before it's deleted, even with the delay.
As Nadrew mentioned, the client was likely disconnected just before the message is received.

My suggestion: Use world/IsBanned() which checks if the person cannot log on (i.e. before they login).

You can pass deny messages and, as a plus, it stops the guests before they download any of the game resources if banned.

Edit = Please see the following post I made about how to do this: http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1646333
SOrry for my english. And thanks for the help !
So... del is more faster than src<<"" ?? del is UDP and src<<"" if TCP ?