In response to Fugsnarf
Fugsnarf wrote:
I'm sorry if I come across as biased to you at any time. It's not my intention and I try not to be when I ever have to deal with someone. I can't speak for the rest of the mods, but I don't believe I have any favoritism towards anybody if their behaviors are deserving of action. The forum pictures are just a joke started by Lige. If you think it's distasteful, I can change it.

You've never been bias towards me. I'm just saying it's giving a bad example.

Usually people come down hard on me for coming down hard on people who actually come down hard on people themselves. No ones in the good here. Yet people like me are punished for just not befriending any of these guys. No one is a good example for someone like me everyone has something smart to say and I'm pretty defiant and I'm not the only person in this world or BYOND who feels that way.

A moderator shouldn't stand on either side but instead just do their jobs as a moderator. It's cool to be yourself and all. But moderators are moderators. If someone with your position of power has that image as their forum icon someone who thinks this would site is against them would leave immediately. There needs to be somebody to tell them they're doing something wrong without making it look like they're jabbing them in the knee*sneak dissing* with "bias mod" in their forum icon.
I don't think anyone takes that avatar picture that seriously lol...
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:

Like most BYOND developers.
See if they knew better, they'd do better.
I just don't see your reasoning of raging about the moderators. There job is to moderate ofc but their still regular people and have just been chosen by Tom. They aren't doing this for pay. They act professional when they need to and thats all that matters.
In response to Baird Techie
Baird Techie wrote:
Ganite wrote:

Just a word of warning, you'll be banned for speaking your mind on moderators .. trust me.
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
I just don't see your reasoning of raging about the moderators. There job is to moderate ofc but their still regular people and have just been chosen by Tom. They aren't doing this for pay. They act professional when they need to and thats all that matters.

You're too ignorant to understand a-lot of things it seems.

http://www.twitch.tv/polatrite/c/2189814
Look what this random streamer says about BYOND's forums.

It's unprofessional to have that, someone who's representing BYOND to have that in their forum icon. I'm raging you brat. I just joined in on this conversation and decided to give my opinion on all of this. This isn't new, whats been happening on the forums isn't new but time passes things change, but these people aren't new. There are bad cops, judges, etc.. in this world if you think for a second that there wont be bad moderators on BYOND of all places, and pretend they're the chosen ones from the heavens, gg.

BYOND is like the gutter, bad cops, bad people, bad environment. Yet we all want change apparently, we all want things to do good. We want more people to come in and support this site. Yet these moderators are now showing how toxic this community is. It could be a joke and all, but are they forgetting their position? That they're the ones people seek help from? That they hold power? Within all these toxic little brats running around. That's intimidating for some people.
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
Baird Techie wrote:
Ganite wrote:

Just a word of warning, you'll be banned for speaking your mind on moderators .. trust me.

Been there done that. If someone like Falacy or Forum account gets forum banned my ass is done for.
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
Baird Techie wrote:
Ganite wrote:

Yeah, you know tons of that lol. I've spoken my mind to tom himself multiple times and I've yet to be banned nor warned a single time. It's because I'm not a rude person and don't talk out of my ass like most of the people here that complain and get banned.

It's one thing to talk about what you feel is wrong and how it could be improved, but it's another to just jump on a bandwagon about moderators this and moderators that instead of just asking why something was deleted. If no one likes their decision on something, they could talk to the moderator about it privately, but instead they make stupid threads like this one which results with them being banned. And then the moderators are the "bad guys" for doing their job. When the certain people in this community can pull their heads out of their asses then maybe you'd see there isn't much favoritism here.
Baird Techie wrote:
Ganite wrote:

You're too ignorant to understand a-lot of things it seems.

http://www.twitch.tv/polatrite/c/2189814
Look what this random streamer says about BYOND's forums.

It's unprofessional to have that, someone who's representing BYOND to have that in their forum icon. I'm raging you brat. I just joined in on this conversation and decided to give my opinion on all of this. This isn't new, whats been happening on the forums isn't new but time passes things change, but these people aren't new. There are bad cops, judges, etc.. in this world if you think for a second that there wont be bad moderators on BYOND of all places, and pretend they're the chosen ones from the heavens, gg.

BYOND is like the gutter, bad cops, bad people, bad environment. Yet we all want change apparently, we all want things to do good. We want more people to come in and support this site. Yet these moderators are now showing how toxic this community is. It could be a joke and all, but are they forgetting their position? That they're the ones people seek help from? That they hold power? Within all these toxic little brats running around. That's intimidating for some people.

You have no idea what you're talking about, but it is a fun read for sure. I'll do exactly as you've done and point you out to actually make something around here. Something that isn't a GOA rip at least lol.
I don't like that anybody is afraid to speak their mind on account of getting banned. Falacy and Forum_account were banned for reasons which have been explained countless times. I and the other moderators do not moderate to be malicious. Sure, there are times when some of us may over-moderate, but a ban always has to have a very good reason behind it. You should feel free to speak your mind in a civil manner and where it is appropriate. If you choose not to be civil and not to do it in an appropriate place, I sure won't ban you unless you are absolutely batshit crazy and unreasonable.

I take everything you guys say to heart. I may not agree with all of the accusations, but your critiques are always considered by at least myself. If I'm the only moderator like that, so be it. I can assure you that I am not.
Yeah, you know tons of that lol.

Because you would know right?

I've spoken my mind to tom himself multiple times and I've yet to be banned nor warned a single time. It's because I'm not a rude person and don't talk out of my ass like most of the people here that complain and get banned.

Way to be professional.
In response to Fugsnarf
I know about some of the posts and bans they're referring to. I've read everything on here almost every day for the last few years.

What they can't seem to understand is that they LOVE to bring things to the public. "Waaah my thread was deleted because [x] reason. This mod is bias!" instead of just talking with the mod, listening to their reason and accepting their reason. If they don't accept the moderator's decision, they can talk to Tom. If Tom agrees with their decision then it should end there; Move on.
Baird Techie wrote:
There are bad cops, judges, etc.. in this world if you think for a second that there wont be bad moderators on BYOND of all places, and pretend they're the chosen ones from the heavens, gg.
In response to A.T.H.K
I do know actually. I speak about what I do know. If I personally don't know about something, I'm not going to go around talking about it.

And thanks for the professional comment :)
You may disagree but the truth is the truth. You yourself have handled things completely wrong with moderators, just like many other users here. There's a certain way to talk to people and it's something you'll have to learn or you can keep complaining for the rest of your time here on BYOND.

If anything you guys have said about the mods were actually true, I would've been banned or even warned long ago, but neither have happened because I know how to talk with them. I've had some comments deleted and I've asked why and it has not even ONCE ended in a negative way. I'm sure you guys can do it too but that is your choice to make.
Never once said there weren't any bad moderators on here. I could name a few but the point is that it isn't up to you, nor me, nor anyone but Tom's decision on who gets to be a moderator here. If you feel someone is doing wrong then you can simply talk to Tom about it. But not you nor anyone else who has complained have done that in the right way. You've made another thread and complained and made a bigger problem by doing so.

So go ahead and "gg" with your ignorance. At the end of the day, you're doing nothing to improve anything on BYOND nor even helping with the "bad moderators" problem.

You can speak up, but there's a time and a place. Learning how to speak can go a long way.
In response to MDC
MDC wrote:
There's a certain way to talk to people and it's something you'll have to learn or you can keep complaining for the rest of your time here on BYOND.

Like there are certain ways to dress, and act, for certain occasions or certain jobs. To make the customers feel they were treated fairly. To ensure there aren't any misunderstandings that can result in a pissed off customer.
In response to Fugsnarf
Fugsnarf wrote:
I don't like that anybody is afraid to speak their mind on account of getting banned. Falacy and Forum_account were banned for reasons which have been explained countless times. I and the other moderators do not moderate to be malicious. Sure, there are times when some of us may over-moderate, but a ban always has to have a very good reason behind it. You should feel free to speak your mind in a civil manner and where it is appropriate. If you choose not to be civil and not to do it in an appropriate place, I sure won't ban you unless you are absolutely batshit crazy and unreasonable.

I take everything you guys say to heart. I may not agree with all of the accusations, but your critiques are always considered by at least myself. If I'm the only moderator like that, so be it. I can assure you that I am not.

I feel one of the main issues is that the mods hang out in chatters constantly and get to cuddly friendly with users therefore become more lenient towards them.

Several occasions I've seen someone doing "batshit" and "unreasonable" things on the forums but yet they never got punished.

I'm just going to leave it at, I know I'll get a pager message soon saying "joining the bandwagon" three week ban.
Baird Techie wrote:
MDC wrote:
There's a certain way to talk to people and it's something you'll have to learn or you can keep complaining for the rest of your time here on BYOND.

Like there are certain ways to dress, and act, for certain occasions or certain jobs. To make the customers feel they were treated fairly. To ensure there aren't any misunderstandings that can result in a pissed off customer.

Exactly. But your comments towards their avatar have absolutely nothing to do with that.
In response to MDC
MDC wrote:
Never once said there weren't any bad moderators on here. I could name a few but the point is that it isn't up to you, nor me, nor anyone but Tom's decision on who gets to be a moderator here. If you feel someone is doing wrong then you can simply talk to Tom about it. But not you nor anyone else who has complained have done that in the right way. You've made another thread and complained and made a bigger problem by doing so.

So go ahead and "gg" with your ignorance. At the end of the day, you're doing nothing to improve anything on BYOND nor even helping with the "bad moderators" problem.

You can speak up, but there's a time and a place. Learning how to speak can go a long way.

People know right from wrong, that donation bar is talking for me. It wasn't always there.

I'm not doing nothing for BYOND but being here trying to make a game that'll improve it. A-lot of people underestimate the tool because of their own incapability's. I feel as if not all these moderators are good and professional for years I felt this way. Yet I'm still here. My zeal to aid BYOND is strong but I dislike a-lot of people that use it. Someone insults some bad game developer, I insult them, yet I get in trouble. This happens all the time. The regular forum dwellers can get away with trash talking developers who don't be on the forums, but I can't get away with trash talking shitty game developers on the forums.I say I dislike majority of the games in BYOND game jam, boom 3 day ban.

Looking down on others is so common here, yet when some people do it, it's a bad thing to do all of a sudden, trash.
In response to MDC
They're on duty as we speak. My comments do have something to do with that just had spoken them metaphorically relating them to other situations. It's not rocket science people are visiting BYOND probably everyday for the first time and poking their heads in and out of posts such as this getting a taste of the community to see "bias mod" on a moderators forum icon.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8