ID:1647451

(See the best response by Reformist.)
Hey all,

Couple quick questions for an interface.

In a login menu, assuming I have two fields to enter a name then a password, would there be a way to have it so hitting tab went from one field to the next field?

And also, after the user has provided the information, that hitting enter would default to hitting a submit button provided?

Any insight is greatly appreciated as always!

Best response
Yes, this is all possible using winset(), the focus variable, and a couple verbs to handle the input.
Could you possibly elaborate on the focus variable a bit? Or point me to a reference that does. The login menu is complete, along with the buttons to submit the info etc. I'm just a bit confused as to how I might have the menu use tab and enter buttons the way I had intended. I thank you for your help, but might just need a bit more explaination. Thanks again
In response to Sigmatic
Sigmatic wrote:
Could you possibly elaborate on the focus variable a bit? Or point me to a reference that does.

http://www.byond.com/docs/ref/skinparams.html#paramsbody

You can visit the Skin Parameter via the Help menu in DreamMaker.

I'm just a bit confused as to how I might have the menu use tab

If your interface elements are out of order, you can see the their tab order in the new element command.

To change the tab order, click the buttons on the left of the anchor icon in Layout Control (default: below the element window).

The blue box in the icon is the current element. So the icon that shows [red]->[blue] ASCENDS the tab order (ex: 3 -> 2 -> 1) whereas [blue] <- [red] DESCENDS it (ex: 1 -> 2 -> 3)

and enter buttons the way I had intended.

I do not know how to particularly achieve this in the interface as I did not dealt with it for a very long time.

My personal preference would be to make an HTML <form> and display it in browse() and get client/Topic() to deal with it (like how I do in my HTML edit/create system.