ID:1647904

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Now you can pretty much ignore the guy with the blue hair(Was seeing how a more slender blade would show up compared to the larger).

But I can't seem to decide on how I really want the blades to be positioned left and outward(White Hair) which is how it used to be done in most anime-esq games on byond.

Or right and more inward(Red Hair), with this position I feel it kind of takes away from seeing the clothing but at the same time looks a tad more appropriate.

So I've decided to rather than struggle with this alone, I'd ask to see which one you guys would rather look at and why(Unless you don't have a reason).
None, add sheath/unsheath. ;3
In response to Akto
Akto wrote:
None, add shealth/unshealth. ;3

Talking about an already drawn weapon and not in a combat stance xD Foo
Well, i want to see those animations.. I choose number 2!
If ur combat stance is outward maybe inward for non combat stance would be better. Number 2 lol
I think the sword would be pointing towards the front of the character rather than either side?
In response to Amad2
Amad2 wrote:
I think the sword would be pointing towards the front of the character rather than either side?

While technically true, doing it that way gimps the detail and size of the blade, not giving you a real feel for the weapon.
It should be inward for an idle stance since in the combat stance is outward.

Maybe #3
In response to Akto
Akto wrote:

Maybe #3

But doesn't that look for some reason, just a bit odd? At least that's how it looks to me I guess.

(Edit)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I mean this would be a more correct version of your edit but, as I said above doesn't it feel like it just gimps the detail and actual design of the blade its self.

Not to mention the blade becomes incredibly jagged.
Looks good though.
Yep that's the perspective I meant. It looks better and more natural than the other poses.

Will people really be standing around long enough to just be appreciating swords?
You should have it sheathed if you're not in combat, and unsheathed in combat. I don't know why you want to have out of combat unsheathed, you're doing extra work for no reason, wasted time.
In response to Amad2
Amad2 wrote:
Yep that's the perspective I meant. It looks better and more natural than the other poses.

Will people really be standing around long enough to just be appreciating swords?

I'm sure they will, especially with the variety of swords/weapons available excluding craft-able ones.

Megablaze wrote:
You should have it sheathed if you're not in combat, and unsheathed in combat. I don't know why you want to have out of combat unsheathed, you're doing extra work for no reason, wasted time.

It's not really wasted time if someone doesn't mind doing the extra work to add to the game's depth. At least that's my opinion anyway.
People will want to inspect there equipment outside of combat, so it's only natural to give them that ability right?
In response to Aeon Games Inc
Aeon Games Inc wrote:
Megablaze wrote:

It's not really wasted time if someone doesn't mind doing the extra work to add to the game's depth. At least that's my opinion anyway.
People will want to inspect there equipment outside of combat, so it's only natural to give them that ability right?

There's always more things to do in a game, you should be careful where you spend your time, as to not burn out on trivial things. If you have an un-sheath button to check your equipment (or however your un-sheathed preview method is), you can just have it go into the combat stance, instead of non-combat unsheathed.
In response to Megablaze
The game actually has a very limited HUD and most of it can only be accessed by using the esc key. Now while I could cut out stuff like this, I like having it in the game for people like me who do enjoy seeing the equipment on their character in detail rather than just images or etc on a little block saying it's equipped and reading all about it.

To add to the point, I simply wanted to see which position people would prefer when seeing their idle character and it's equipment(focus of course on the weapon). Personally I don't find this to be extra work or "burning" me out this is something I want to do because it adds to the game rather than cut corners. But as I said that's just me.
He really can't choose what burns you out or extra work if its something you want to do. Everyone doesn't see things the same.
Why not both?
If they really want to stare at their weapon they can turn WEST/EAST.
Page: 1 2 3