ID:1648071

I noticed this like a month ago. It just randomly, vanished. One of the top games gone. The effect of this was lesser games got a spike in player population some even revived. But why did RP Unlimited vanished? My only guess was it possibly was a setup to get rid of it? Someone displayed mature content in the server status to troll it down ? I only guessed that because I couldn't think of any other reason its hub would just vanish.
warlords of draenor killed rp unlimited.

i told you guys the new wow expansion was gonna draw people away from byond, but nooo, nobody wanted to believe me. nobody wanted to listen to empirez sama.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
warlords of draenor killed rp unlimited.

i told you guys the new wow expansion was gonna draw people away from byond, but nooo, nobody wanted to believe me. nobody wanted to listen to empirez sama.

I'm hyped and all but it's just the same game new models and more orcs. Once Illidan comes back that's when shit gets real. I'm sure Maiev isn't just in WoD to be a groupie.
bro no one cares about illidan

hogger is the only relevant character in the entire series
The hub was deleted. That's apparently it.

Apparently the creator of it now plays on RP Unlimited Revived.
In response to Super Saiyan X
Super Saiyan X wrote:
The hub was deleted. That's apparently it.

Apparently the creator of it now plays on RP Unlimited Revived.

For such a large project to go poof it's hard to believe.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
bro no one cares about illidan

I'm pretty sure when Heroes of Storm drops people will instalock him and Arthas everygame.
That's bizarre. I hadn't even noticed it was gone, and it's weird that he removed it considering it had a pretty huge community. I'm sure there was a reason for it though.
In response to LordAndrew
LordAndrew wrote:
That's bizarre. I hadn't even noticed it was gone, and it's weird that he removed it considering it had a pretty huge community. I'm sure there was a reason for it though.

maybe someone bought the cods.
In response to LordAndrew
LordAndrew wrote:

Yup. I woke up one day and it was just gone. I took a guess someone exploited being able to show images in the status of servers on purpose just to bring it down*haters*.

However since its been gone I seen a-lot of other games popularity spike. However wen I was there just to study RPers I learned that some people actually played it because they paid for data usage on their internet*never heard of that before* and since it was just text it didn't cost much.

There's no way the owner just deleted it to play a version with a lesser community.
There was an issue over a player who had been codebanned in the past being allowed to return. When the playerbase objected to that player remaining codebanned, one of the owners threw a tantrum and took the hub down.

Which wouldn't have been a big deal, but Byond administration had locked access to the hub after pedophilia and issues of sexually explicit material were leveled against the owners. As a result, it's just dead. The "RP Unlimited Revived" thing is because not even the owner can bring it back.
We did not take any action against that hub. This is the first I've heard of it.
Who knows, then? That's what they said happened.
I don't doubt the pedophilia part. But I haven't heard anything about RPU. I've actually had to host ban quite a few people for pedopihila from RPU, sadly. That's the only thing I host ban for. That, and pure f*tardery amongst the highest levels. Regardless, I'm curious as to what happened to RPU. Maybe when I sign back in to skype someone will have some reason to give me as to why. But, that'll have to wait until I get home.
In response to RPTr0per
RPTr0per wrote:
Who knows, then? That's what they said happened.

Maybe the story you told is related to hub helpers since hub helpers are able to delete hubs?
apparently he shut it down to avoid being targeted by BYOND staff? idk google the ED article for it.
it's dumb.
Contrary to popular belief, RPU is not dead. Our hub went down, yes. However, we're back now, with a new hub, and an all new version of RPU. We do appreciate people worrying about the program, though. We're back now, and our new version is the best we could create.

We are currently in open beta, over at http://www.byond.com/games/SoulofSword/ah7goz279183li Please, feel free to come by. We do have a whitelisted server, but someone will be on the public server to greet and converse with you, let you know what's new, and welcome you back to RPU.
In response to Lloyd Ishtar
Lloyd Ishtar wrote:
Contrary to popular belief, RPU is not dead. Our hub went down, yes. However, we're back now, with a new hub, and an all new version of RPU. We do appreciate people worrying about the program, though. We're back now, and our new version is the best we could create.

We are currently in open beta, over at http://www.byond.com/games/SoulofSword/ah7goz279183li Please, feel free to come by. We do have a whitelisted server, but someone will be on the public server to greet and converse with you, let you know what's new, and welcome you back to RPU.

Thanks for dropping by and letting us know you guys are okay. Though it seems your player base has taken a serious hit but I'm sure in time they'll return once they find the hub.
In response to Baird Techie
Thanks for dropping by and letting us know you guys are okay. Though it seems your player base has taken a serious hit but I'm sure in time they'll return once they find the hub.

Majority of them don't even log on the BYOND website. I doubt they'd find it easily. But, words spread fast.
In response to Xirre
Xirre wrote:

Majority of them don't even log on the BYOND website.

No news here.