ID:1654814

I think its pathetic that we've gotten to a point, "celebs" in particular, where when a loved one dies, the first response is to post about it on Twitter. Like, what ever happened to family issues being... family issues? What ever happened to just calling your family over the phone? I don't get it.

Same with break ups. The first thing people do when they break up, is they remove the person from their friends list on Facebook, and then update their status to "It's over, don't ever talk to me again." Zelda ( Robin's daughter ) tweeted some poem and a "I love you message" to Robin shortly after he was reported dead. Like, seriously. My Dad just died, so I must go now and tweet about it to the world.

Social media sites literally have the world by the balls. People can't back out of their drive-way, or eat a Snickers bar, or fart without tweeting about it. Just a bunch of mindless drones doing whatever they see the next mindless drone doing. And maybe it's because they are held to a higher standard. Maybe they feel like people will judge them. Which is another point. Imagine how much hate the wife and daughter would've gotten if they DIDN'T tweet about it. "OMG, WHAT KIND OF WIFE IS SHE? SHE DIDN'T EVEN MAKE A PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT ON FACEBOOK WHEN ROBIN DIED! SHE PROBABLY NEVER EVEN LOVED HIM!" But then again, it's still stupid that they live their life at the mercy of thousands of retarded strangers. Why not stand up for yourself, and tell people who say those things to screw off? We don't even live in a world of backbones anymore, just compromising cowards obsessed with public image rather than integrity.

So it's like, a cycle of stupidity that demands more stupidity to keep the cycle running. The world demands that you be an idiot. That you take all the aspects of your personal life, and your issues, and post them on some website so irrelevant strangers can "follow" you and read about it, because they're life is so pitiful that the highlight of their day is when they can click on TMZ and read about who Justin Bieber spat on or watch a Lil Wayne deposition.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
I think its pathetic that we've gotten to a point, "celebs" in particular, where when a loved one dies, the first response is to post about it on Twitter. Like, what ever happened to family issues being... family issues? What ever happened to just calling your family over the phone? I don't get it.

Same with break ups. The first thing people do when they break up, is they remove the person from their friends list on Facebook, and then update their status to "It's over, don't ever talk to me again." Zelda ( Robin's daughter ) tweeted some poem and a "I love you message" to Robin shortly after he was reported dead. Like, seriously. My Dad just died, so I must go now and tweet about it to the world.

Social media sites literally have the world by the balls. People can't back out of their drive-way, or eat a Snickers bar, or fart without tweeting about it. Just a bunch of mindless drones doing whatever they see the next mindless drone doing. And maybe it's because they are held to a higher standard. Maybe they feel like people will judge them. Which is another point. Imagine how much hate the wife and daughter would've gotten if they DIDN'T tweet about it. "OMG, WHAT KIND OF WIFE IS SHE? SHE DIDN'T EVEN MAKE A PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT ON FACEBOOK WHEN ROBIN DIED! SHE PROBABLY NEVER EVEN LOVED HIM!" But then again, it's still stupid that they live their life at the mercy of thousands of retarded strangers. Why not stand up for yourself, and tell people who say those things to screw off? We don't even live in a world of backbones anymore, just compromising cowards obsessed with public image rather than integrity.

So it's like, a cycle of stupidity that demands more stupidity to keep the cycle running. The world demands that you be an idiot. That you take all the aspects of your personal life, and your issues, and post them on some website so irrelevant strangers can "follow" you and read about it, because they're life is so pitiful that the highlight of their day is when they can click on TMZ and read about who Justin Bieber spat on or watch a Lil Wayne deposition.

Yeah... So RIP Robin Williams.
Wow, the irony. However I heard that was just him in character because of something related to a movie he was involved in?
In response to ZIDDY99
ZIDDY99 wrote:
Wow, the irony. However I heard that was just him in character because of something related to a movie he was involved in?

It's a scene from World's Greatest Dad.
The media is always full of awful things that make you emotional. Last week people were dying all over the place, like usual.

There's a thing in statistics called "non-response bias." For example, you could do a survey which asks, "Do you like surveys?" This survey is almost guaranteed to have non-response bias because the people who don't like surveys will refuse to take it, and you won't get their responses. You won't get an accurate picture of the whole population, it will appear that lots of people answer "yes" to the question.

The media is like that too. Instead of a survey, it's a conglomeration of corporations, and they have a direct interest in getting people to watch their programs. So, they only report on certain events. They cherry-pick their stories because that is their JOB. Think of a scientist that only talks about the interesting data. It would be absurd - for anyone who has read real scientific papers, you know that they report everything to the last boring detail. You often read paragraphs that basically say "this part of the experiment resulted in absolutely nothing." The media does not do that. They don't report on Joe Blow who went to work, took a dump, and fell asleep in front of the TV. And although they do show puppies and kittens once in a while just for good measure, most of the time they focus on what's wrong in the world. And why wouldn't they? Conflict makes a story.

My dad noticed my grandmother talking about how "these days there's so much more violence and crime." She really believes that. Do you think there was less violence and crime at any time in the 87 years she has been alive? Absolutely not! She lived through WW2, and now she thinks there's more violence? How could that be? I'll tell you why: in her old age she spends most of her time at home with the news on ALL DAY. And now, she thinks that everyone is just shooting each other all the damn time, even though the majority of people on earth are not actually staring down the barrel of a gun.
news in general is pretty stupid. yahoo in particular. back when i used to have yahoo as my home page, every other article was "transgender couple gets married" ( how the hell is that news? ), "justin bieber in trouble" ( once again, why is this news? ), "mcdonalds is bad for you" ( OMG I HAD NO IDEA ).

i'd rather read twilight than read the news.
Wake up sheeple.
ZIDDY99 wrote:
to make you almost forget about the things that really matter and that are really happening in life.

Also known as CLIMATE CHANGE
That's just like how a sheep works!
Anyway, his daughter apparently just closed her Twitter and Instagram accounts because people were tweeting her fake dead body photos of Robin. This is what following the crowd gets you. This is what being politically correct gets you. This is what taking the death of your father to a social network just to appease random people ( mostly trolls ) gets you. It took an event like this for Zelda to come to the conclusion that social networks were a cesspool of retardation. She must be new to the internet or something.
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Anyway, his daughter apparently just closed her Twitter and Instagram accounts because people were tweeting her fake dead body photos of Robin. This is what following the crowd gets you. This is what being politically correct gets you. This is what taking the death of your father to a social network just to appease random people ( mostly trolls ) gets you. It took an event like this for Zelda to come to the conclusion that social networks were a cesspool of retardation. She must be new to the internet or something.

I was one of those people tweeting her offensive words and pictures on my shaggy rogers twitter. It was a good Tuesday.